Full JAMMA harness w/Wiring needed!

Kpj

Larfleeze, Wielder of the Orange Light. , formerly
Hey guys/gals,

I recently acquired a HUGE Dynamo Cabinet (awesome by the way) & need to buy/build a new JAMMA harness for it. The ones on ebay don't seem to have every pin filled with a connector/wire....... & since I'll be using it for Neo Geo/Atomiswave/CPS2&3, I'll need a maxed out loom.

Where is a good place to buy one of these pre-wired? I've already visited jammaboards.com but no luck.

Thanks for any help you may give,
Kpj

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Quarterarcade have them for $ 25

http://quarterarcade.com/Game.aspx/3404

3404_0_fs.jpg

Last edited:

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
your best bet is to run wires from your control panel and put a molex connector on the end and connect it to your harness like that. that way you wont have tons of excess for every other wire and it keeps it neater. plus i dont think they make em with 8 foot runs.;)

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Kpj said:
Thanks ttooddddyy, but are there any others with longer wires? I have about a 6 to 8 foot stretch from the harness area to the control panel.

That loom would be about 6 foot, email them to confirm ;)

demirichris

Hardened Shock Trooper
Dudes,

Does anybody remember when Jammaboards.com was selling stuffed jamma harnesses with the damn connectors on the for like 15 bucks? That was an insane deal...I should have bought a ton of those when I had the chance.

I literally wired a game from scratch with one of those in about 15 minutes...

Kpj

Thanks for all the info/help guys. I realize that I may have to wire separate connectors for long runs, just wanted to see if I could find a harness that met my needs.

Kpj

MKL,

Should I simply buy the blue JAMMA connector & wire it myself?

MKL said:
meh, it's one of those harnesses with 22awg power wires. I wouldn't want it, let alone for 25 dollars. And it's not fully wired, pin 26 is missing.

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
If you can find a good quality harness I'd go for that because making a *quality* one yourself is going to cost you more as you'd need several spools of UL1007 hook-up wire in 18awg and 22awg size. But if you already have the wire...

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
MKL, your a hard man to please. That harness will work well in most applications.

Im getting too old to hand wire them :loco: