Galactic Attack

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
Thinking about getting this for Saturn. Any thoughts? I haven't played it, but it looks fun.

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
aka Layer Section aka Gunlock aka Rayforce

yea its a pretty good I would also recommend:
Layer Section 2 and Soukyugurentai if you can play import games

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
I only WISH I could play imports on my Saturn.

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
I used to have the Action Replay 4M Plus cartridge, but sold it because I couldn't find anyone to do the necessary mod on the Saturn. Is this the mysterious cartridge which you speak of?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
No, mine is simply a key cart, I used to have an action replay, till it torched my cartridge port, never touched one since

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
?? never heard of any necessary mod, I know my action replay 4M plus cart requires no mod. Maybe you are confused with playing burned cds? with the saturn the region is separate from the copy protection or whatever, so funny enough you would actually need a modchip and a converter if you wanted to play a imported burned disk and you would only need a modchip to play a local burned disk.

mesmer

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
You can change the region of iso's, so you don't need an action replay if you have a modded saturn.

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
I think that I was actually thinking about burned games. I have a lot of ISO's that will never get to be played. I guess you CAN play imports with a regular 4M Action Replay Plus? Maybe it was just the expense of imports that kept me from it...

I know this.....I need to get that cartridge back again. And I'd LOVE to be able to play burned ISO's, but that takes a back seat. What cartridge should I get to play imports? Is that all that's needed?

Last edited:

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
i bet you could get any cheap one nowdays considering most of the ram cart expanded games now have better or cheaper ways to be played. As far as I know no shmups use the ram expansion so unless you want to play neogeo and cps2 ports you should generally be good to go with any converter.

I was weirdly sad when ps2 came along and replaced most of my old saturn ports of neogeo and cps2 fighters, so I had to go back and get the more saturn exclusive games to keep my saturn alive.

Gozer

Armored Scrum Object
Layer Section is definitely in my top 5 STG.

I'm pretty damn sure my Saturn is not modded. I use a Action Replay 4meg Plus cart and have no issues with imports aside from the text scramble that can happen in Soukyugurentai.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Get the PAR4in1 cart to play imports. Get Layer Section (or Galactic Attack), fantastic game (one of my favorite shmups)!
Soukyugurentai Otokuyo fixed the glitches with the text.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Galactic Attack/Layer Section is like everyone's introduction to Saturn shooters. As the years go on and you amass yourself a great Saturn collection of shooters, you'll realize the best one was the one you started with.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Galactic Attack & Darius Gaiden can be had for less than many folks spend on a take out meal. Two gems for the system, for sure.

Also: Just jumper traces below to turn your US Saturn JP. A dab'l do ya...you don't even need a switch.

Once you've soldered these, your 'JP' Saturn will happily play US games, when there is a US memory cart in the cart slot.

4-in1's die. ALOT. 3 of the 5 I've owned needed the cart to be modded to run Vampire Savior.

Fiddlesticks to PAR carts. Do this:
http://www.gamesx.com/wiki/doku.php?id=imports:sega_saturn

Last edited:

Dampfwalze

Armored Scrum Object,
20 Year Member
And again one of my favorite shooters on the Saturn. :-)

Great game, very good port. Nearly identical to the F3 arcade version if you play it in tate mode! Some graphical effects are missing if you play it in the normal upright mode, so make sure you can turn your TV to enjoy the game in its full glory.

If you own a PS2 that can play jap. games, buy "Taito Memories II - Joukan". Very good emulation of the game and you have unlimited credits, which you will love after you have reached the final levels in the Saturn version (becomes hard as hell to the end).