Game Boy is now in the Toy Hall of Fame!

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
OG Game Boy was the toy of my youth. I dragged that thing around till I was fucking 12-13...still works to this day.

I got mine by getting first prize in a Nintendo drawing...remember those Game Boy back packs from the early 90s? They had a mailin card for a contest which I thought was an order form for a free GB. I waited and waited and waited, bugging my parents to no end about when I'd get my GB. They just could not convince me that I wasn't going to win. Sure enough, after a few months they called me down before bedtime and showed me the Congratulations! letter. :lolz:

Link's Awakening was, is and will always be one of my top 5 games. My GB had a weird tendency to corrupt LA carts though...I went through an original one AND a DX one. :scratch:

My first job ever was slumming at a junkyard of all places. I helped my friend's dad crush cans/lawnmowers/other scrap for a week or two so I could afford my yellow Game Boy Camera. I made so many movies on that thing...

Fuck it, I might go play it right now.

Cavalry

INfintido Innuendo?,
Toy... Hall. of.. Fame... wow.

I guess if any 'toy' is deserving... the good ol' gameboy should on the top of that list.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
There's only been hundreds iterations of the thing released (if you could the DS).

I'd say it deserves it.

My Dad used to call it a "playboy.":lolz:

BlitzChris

n00b
I took it everywhere with me, and at the time it was a major status symbol! Even if you were only 12 years old.. :D