Gamespot Awards 06 wonder

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
I consider Gamespot to be the best place to get reviews and general news about video games over the net. So I'm usually really looking forward to seeing what games will make it in the end-of-the-year Gamespot Awards contest. Dubious Games are also I category I simply love ha ha.

Sooo, I watched the videos and I simply can't understand WTF is going on with the Best Fighting Game Award. UMK3 was a great game back in the day but now it's simply broken as fuck. First I can't come to understand how they've been able to release it on XBOX 360. I mean this game 10 years later on 360 ? And who were in the jury to decide this? That's simply nonsensical x 1000.

Anyway, I had both a good laugh and the nausea.

PUNJABEE

Banned
UMK3 is fucked up on the 360. The timing is off and some stuff I used to pull at the 'cades doesn't work, or at least doesn't work right.

toy_brain

Amano's Drinking Buddy
Yea, giving UMK3 best fighter seemed just plain daft. It wasnt even the best MK game back in the day (actually I could be talking bullshit, I cant stand MK games anyway, but most people seem to say MK2 was the best), and certainly not better than Tekken: DR in any way whatsoever.

Also, Gears for GOTY? Oh c'mon please!
Yea I know they liked it an all, and its not a bad game, but when you stack it up against the likes of Oblivion........

Yea well, whatever.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
toy_brain said:
Also, Gears for GOTY? Oh c'mon please!
Yea I know they liked it an all, and its not a bad game, but when you stack it up against the likes of Oblivion........

Yea well, whatever.

dude, gears was EASILY goty, with its only competition being zelda tp (where if it wasn't for certain aspects of this game feeling extremely dated it prolly should have taken goty).

oblivion? give me a fuckin break. ya i was very looking forward to that game. following it for a couple years prior to its release but it didnt take long for me to see what a shallow piece of shit that game is. morrowing was a decent rpg. not great by any means (the construction set made it great) but good enough. oblivion is simply a fucked piece of shit. an "rpg" with a shit story where you do the same exact fucking thing for 60+ hours is not a good game. add leveled items/dungeons and you have one shitty cock of a game. i give it 4/10.

i fear what they will do to fallout. fucking fear deep in my soul and shit. those motherfuckers... :oh_no:

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I'd be more heartbroken at DOA4 for Fighter of the year, actually just kidding, just don't care for the series, but yea that is complete bullshit.

Too bad Hakuto No Ken wasn't brought here, then we'd know who'd get fighter of the year.

toy_brain

Amano's Drinking Buddy
FeelGood said:
dude, gears was EASILY goty, with its only competition being zelda tp (where if it wasn't for certain aspects of this game feeling extremely dated it prolly should have taken goty).

...........oblivion is simply a fucked piece of shit. an "rpg" with a shit story where you do the same exact fucking thing for 60+ hours is not a good game.
And a shooter with a shit story where you do the same thing for only 7 hours is a good game?

Man I hope you were just being sarcastic.

FeelGood said:
i fear what they will do to fallout. fucking fear deep in my soul and shit. those motherfuckers... :oh_no:
Oh good god, you're not a Fallout fanboy are you? I've seen the duckandcover/nma forums and they aint pretty.
Man, learning you're a Fallout fan puts things in a whole new perspective.
And here I was thinking you were cool........ :crying:

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
The winner of this award will surely disappoint, I guarantee it. Tekken DR and Alpha 3 max would get my votes but I guarantee that either UMK3 or DOA 4 will win.

EDIT: Did you guys ever check out those video reviews? Man talk about horrible. They sound like they don't know what they're talking about and the gameplay footage is just blech!

"its still about lots of fast strikes, punches and kicks, at the same time you've got throws in there.." - DOA 4 video review.

WTF is that? Casual gamers will be the death of fighting games.

Last edited: