gaming nerd with attitude ?!

fighting mania

Zero's Tailor
Code:
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=280585

Plucky gaming nerd resists armed gang
Tuesday Jul 24 13:00 AEST
By ninemsn staff

An armed gang used an online dating service to kidnap one of the world's top multiplayer computer gamers, according to Brazilian media reports.

The kidnappers are accused of abducting the Sao Paulo man, an expert in Korean-designed game GunBound, so they could extract the password to his gaming account.

They intended to sell the password — and all of the gamer's hard-won experience points — for $9000, Brazilian news website Folha Online said.

But the plucky nerd refused to hand over his details, despite having a gun pointed at his head. After five hours, the gang let him go.

One of the gang member's girlfriends allegedly contacted the gamer through Google's social networking site, Orkut, asking him out on a date at a shopping mall.

When the gamer arrived at the mall, he was met by a gun-toting gang member instead.

The kidnappers have since been arrested and charged over the incident.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
awesome.
and he just had to be korean too.

Talen

Leona's Therapis,
The funny thing about virtual property is how easily it's restored to the owner in situations of compromised accounts...

shweedie

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Wow, this guy is dedicated. I do not think I would be so brave while starring down a gun. Glad there was a happy ending and they arrested the idiots who did this. Good story.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Lol and I used to play Gunbound. Wasn't all that great.

fighting mania

Zero's Tailor
Talen said:
The funny thing about virtual property is how easily it's restored to the owner in situations of compromised accounts...

Really? I know squat about online gaming and even less about virtual property !!:emb:

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
Word.. the guy has his priorities straight. He would have taken his experience and treasure items to his grave.

shweedie said:
Wow, this guy is dedicated. I do not think I would be so brave while starring down a gun. Glad there was a happy ending and they arrested the idiots who did this. Good story.

PrOzErG

Sacrifice is pleasure, , ,
WoodyXP said:
Word.. the guy has his priorities straight. He would have taken his experience and treasure items to his grave.

Yeah wasting his time being one of the world best multiplayer gamers, what a retard...