Getting a custom cover for my Neo 4 Slot, and other questions

Geo Mantle

n00b
Hey! I have a 4 slot Neo Geo, and it's in rough shape. I'm interested in swapping out the cage for something nicer and more attractive. I searched the forums for 4 slot covers and could only find a dead thread that linked to a website that was no longer active.

Also, does anyone have any tips on cleaning these cartridge slots?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Buy an old nintendo NES cleaning device that uses abrasion to clean the pins by inserting it and removing it and use contact cleaner.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member

That method isn't really effective in my experience. You need something that uses force abrasion to really clean it. It's kinda like if you try to use an eraser on your cart contacts but try holding the cart PCB with a loose wrist compared to putting the PCB on the table then using the eraser. It will only get the light stuff off. For MVS especially the contacts sometimes have corrosion so you want force abrasion coupled with a contact cleaner to optimize your connections.

If anyone needs contact cleaner I can make small 15ml bottles if you want to try the one I use, should last about 20 cleaning depending on use. Also acts as a lube so it would benefit those with MVS to AES converters such as the Daedalus, Phantom-1 and the Pranslation since those have insersion forces of 5-9lbs.

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
I had my cage sandblasted and then powder coated gloss black, it's a pretty good look in my opinion. Just an idea!

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I'm not really a fan of the cage, but does the sandblast/powder coated gloss paint method still work? Would the paint end up covering the holes or does the process result in a finer application of the paint?