Giga's impressions:SNK VS CAPCOM

Giga Power

Host for Orochi,
Well I finally put some time into the game. My roommates and I know a guy that works at Tilt, and we stayed and put in played after they closed.
I watched the game a long time before I ever played it. I was letting everyone else get it out of their system, and I was enjoying the intros and such. My first thought was "Wow this is slow."
The matches looked so toned down compared to KOF or just about any other Neo fighter.
The amount of detail in the characters and the backgrounds (even though the backgrounds aren't really that colorful) is amazing. And it's one of the best sounding games on the system as well. I loved how everything was so over the top. The punches and kicks sounded brutal, and the supers were amazing. Hell, even the announcer is up there with the Alpha 3 announcer. Hearing the "Here comes challenger!" made me laugh. Awesome.
I played as Iori first. And my idea that the game was slow went out the window. I can't explain it, but when you actually play it. It flows. Thats the best way to describe it. It reminds me of one of the older Street Fighter games. Or maybe a slow Street Fighter 3. The game is a "smart" fighter, not a button masher. I think it plays sublime.
I'm going to go tomorrow and play as some of the hidden characters.
Anyone know that site that has the movelists and some of the newer pics? It was something like <a href="http://www.neo-chaos.com" target="_blank">www.neo-chaos.com</a>

Anyway I can't understand all of the hate, the game is brilliant. I'll post a more in depth review later, I plan on playing it all day. buttrock

leGionellz

Pancho Villa is my Direct Ancestor,
Sounds great man, thanks for posting your impressions. Nice to see some people who do enjoy the game.

One question: Do you think the game IS snk worthy ?

Have fun with the game, unfortunately most of us poor europeans will have to do without it until the home version comes out frown