Gigawing for DC through RGB...won't load!

AnechoicJinx

Edo Express Delivery Guy
When I load up Gigawing for the DC connected through RGB, it will simply reset my system indefinitely while loading! Right after the Sega screen it resets...when I take out the RGB connection, it loads up fine.

I suppose this is because Gigawing can't output RGB so it just shuts itself down? Is there a reason for this? Is there a way around it?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
sounds wired...

Is gigawing VGAbox compatable????

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
The same thing happens with Street Fighter Alpha 3.
So maybe Gigawings isn't RGB compatible.

AnechoicJinx

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Is it possible it's just the NTSC version of Gigawing? Maybe the Japanese Gigawing can do it...anyone know for sure?

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
there's a trick that works with games like this, pull the scart cable out of the dc when the sega screen is loading, after the drive stops spinning plug it back in and it'll work, it worked for me on expendable.

AnechoicJinx

Edo Express Delivery Guy
DashK said:
there's a trick that works with games like this, pull the scart cable out of the dc when the sega screen is loading, after the drive stops spinning plug it back in and it'll work, it worked for me on expendable.

Tried, but no go :(

Arakon

Robert Garcia's Butler
try using the cd-x bootcd, it can force RGB mode on most (although not all) games.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
I have a PAL Gigawing and it works OK through RGB. However, I remember some Japanese games that didn't work through RGB in my console, such as Steet Fighter Zero 3 and Gunbird 2.

daz007

Morden's Lackey
gigawing

Unfortunately it is a known problem with this game ( JAP ) and it will not work on RGB. I think the same thing occurs on Pen Pen although I may be wrong.

cheers

Daz

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
Yes, it happened on a lot of US/Japanese games. What *really* sucks though is that you can patch it and fix it if you use a warez copy, but people that want to play the original thing are screwed, although the "pull the scart lead out" trick does work on some. Maybe the gameshark or similar discs can fix it like Arakon suggested though, so it is definitely worth trying that!

Kaz

BlackSpy

Tsrgoihrea,
20 Year Member
I've found chooseing the output with DC-X can help with some of these.

AnechoicJinx

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Amano Jacu said:
I have a PAL Gigawing and it works OK through RGB. However, I remember some Japanese games that didn't work through RGB in my console, such as Steet Fighter Zero 3 and Gunbird 2.

If I were to get a PAL Gigawing and run it through my NTSC system, would it be running at 60 hertz or 50?

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
I just checked, and in my PAL GigaWing box it says that it is VGA compatible. In addition, it has, as many PAL DC games, a 50/60 hz selector on boot-up. That's all I can say about it.

AnechoicJinx

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Amano Jacu said:
I just checked, and in my PAL GigaWing box it says that it is VGA compatible. In addition, it has, as many PAL DC games, a 50/60 hz selector on boot-up. That's all I can say about it.

Cool...I guess my next question is, where the hell is a good place to get a PAL GigaWing? Couldn't find any on Ebay or any import stores...

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Well, here in Spain it was distributed by Virgin, and 2 years ago they put all their remaining stock DC games for sale for 6€ each, I bought 5 or 6 and one was this Gigawing. If you want I'll see if I can find another one (Virgin ran out of his stock of course).

Anyway I would suggest you to try boot discs like DC-X. Finally, since you already own the original NTSC version, you could try to get a CDR back-up of the PAL version an play with it instead.

SNKjr

NEST Puppet
DC-X won't work, it is known specific Capcom games (JAP), do not output RGB, gigawing included, my Vampire Chronicles did the same thing, you would have to settle with either a composite or s-video connection. Unfortunately