Going to Tokyo!

Hine62

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I'm going to Tokyo this summer. I was wondering if any of you that have been there could tell me some places to go to play or buy video games. or any thing else about Tokyo...

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Yo, I just got back end of last month from Tokyo.

If you're looking for neo geo stuff, you're better off buying shit online. No one had neo stuff, besides the expensive home carts some shops have in their "glass case".

But, almost anything else, you're gold.

Look-up the following places online for used game heaven:

Mandarake Galaxy in Nakano

Book-Off in Ogikubo

Tsutaya Video in Shibuya

Trader in Shinjuku

Trader/Super Potato/Retro Game/Media Land in Akihabara

Anything new check out Yodobashi Camera/Ishimaru

aria

Former Moderator
Run a search on Tokyo in the Unrelated Topics, you'll find a lot of other information on general tourism.

MonoTekETeA

NEST Puppet
High class son, congrats. Trick: buy, resell, use profits on Neo, Kazzam wish granted.

Hine62

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Thanks all for the advice. I'll run a search... and be sure to check out your list DurandalThoth.

JoshuaMiller

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Akihabara's your best bet. There are 3 good arcade resellers, though MVS games are actually much more expensive than they are on the forums. You can get good deals on cps2 stuff though.

For playing games, again Akihabara has tons of giant game centers, Shinjuku has a lot too.

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
here is how I usally travel to tokyo (quick and dirty)

1. From NRT airport take train all the way to UENO (the last stop)
2. I always stay at the villa Fountain (Ghostdog had told me about this place)
fairly cheap and close to akiba http://www.hvf.jp/eng/ueno.php I usally print out the map on the website and show it to the taxi drivers to take me there it is very close to the station
3. from the villa there is a 7-11 up the road with a ATM i use for cash (cheaper then exchanging) or you can use your creditcard if you are buying games. heading all the way to the right will lead you to a laundry mat if you need to wash cloths, it is a long way away though about 5 blocks or so if i remember

I usally base all my travel from Akihabara there are still shops that sell all the neo stuff like super potato, mainly used. mak-japan and g-front for mvs mak is better though. I ran across several shops in sept that still carry carts, cd and pocket games.

now in the Akihabara train station there is a kiosk near one of the entrances, you simple put where you want to go and it tells you how to get there via the train routes. things I think are worth seeing

Ghibli Musuem
Giant buddha in kamakura
Zojoji Temple near tokyo tower i found the tower a waste though

make sure you call and tell you credit cards and bank (or they sometime will put a hold on your card)

You are so lucky, the only way i am ever going to get to go there is if my credit rateing gets better, join the military, or win the lotto again. Buy as much of the shooter and fighter god's heaven you can.