Guilty Gear XX's I-No

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
WHY??? This bitch is unbeatable. ON NORMAL MODE, still can't beat her after a couple hundred tries. Fucking ball wave attack takes away 90% damage even when blocking. (I know you're supposed to avoid it, but the one where it spreads out across the whole screen is near impossible). Just felt like complaining.

Diavle18

Banger regnaB,
For the first one just run for the corner and crouch.

For the second one slowing walk foward under the wave 9which will move with you) then stop when you're near her, wait till she finishes and punish.

For the third one, whatever you do don't jump behind her while she's charging up for it (instand pain). When she is charging for it run towards her and stop when you're right in front of her. Then when she's about to fire (something pink appears I think) jump straight up and at the height of your jump double jump, you will walk away with zilch damage. Easy with Chip cuz he can do a triple jump hehe.

Also, there's always flawless defense when you're in a jam.

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
Thanks man, still no luck. The ball waves are only half the problem I've found, the best part is when she changes the one she's gonna do mid-attack so you can't avoid it. Gonna keep trying.

Pep

Genjuro's Frog
20 Year Member
For the third one, just a little clarification, you do not need to do a double jump, simply just when you are in front of her and you jump (towards her, not just up) at the precise moment (you need very good timing here) you can take advantage of your simple jump to hit her.

If you are using a “shoto” character, that is to say one that throws projectiles, take advantage of this fact to keep her distant.

Once you learn her patterns she is not that hard, but certainly the first time I fought her it took me very long to put her down, also because I was using Jonhy which is not the best character to fight her.

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
I know what you're talking about, man. It took me like eight times to beat her the first time and I still don't beat her all the time. She'll combo into her super which does more then 50% damage and it sucks. The AI for this game is really weird, it goes from really easy to really hard quickly.

Korigama

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Hm, it's not hard at all for me (and I play on Maniac mode).
But, another tip for beating her, aside from how to dodge
all three patterns of Megalomania:

Pick Gold EX Jam once you unlock her. Her regular standing
block parries all high and mid attacks, including Megalomania,
in addition to building Tension. Keep in mind, though, as with
the parry for regular Jam, it only parries high and mid attacks,
no low attacks or while in mid-air. Only the EX version of
Gold Jam can do this, though (not normal mode Gold Jam).

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
:rolleyes: Amatures :rolleyes:

Ha!, but really: She can be a pain, but you can do it my friend!!!!! Also, are you playying XX or XX #Reload?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Like someone else said..."flawless defense". I-No drove me f-ing crazy for about an hour the first time I played, until I was motivated to look at the manual and discoverred flawless defense. Then I lost another couple games because I thought flawless defense was something you pushed the buttons once to activate, and again to deactivate (dunno why I thought that). Finally, I realized you had to hold the buttons, and I beat the living daylights out of her. I played through a couple more times and then put the game back on the shelf.

Crovax

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
yep, flawless defense is your best friend in that fight. She becomes really easy once you master that technique.

Korigama

Ghost of Captain Kidd
No, dodging it according to the pattern is the best method.
Once you get used to doing that, you won't need Faultless Defense.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
I'm nowhere near being competitive in GGXX (had to buy it for PS2 to be able to play it due to lack of any arcades...grr)

plus I use Chipp...

needless to say boss I-No proceeded to make me her S&M slave with the beating I got (over and over and over again)...they sure didn't skimp on the ownage factor for her moves...
:eek_2:

but perseverance pays off and I eventually handed that smug little strumpet her just desserts...

;)

Crovax

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Korigama said:
No, dodging it according to the pattern is the best method.
Once you get used to doing that, you won't need Faultless Defense.

That goes without saying, considering it is, in principle, ALWAYS better to dodge an attack rather than take the chip damage from blocking it. All I'm saying is that Using Faultless Defense is an easy way to avoid the frustration of continuing over and over while attempting to learn how to properly dodge each attack. I mean, the moves are so unforgiving that eating just one is enough to lose you an entire round--that doesn't give you much time per fight to learn the patterns. Faultless Defense stretches things out so that you get way more opportunities to observe the patterns per fight.

For me personally, I still don't have the timing to properly jump over the third version of the attack, but I can dodge just about everything else. So for that one version only, Faultless Defense has become an essential part of my strategy.

Besides, some characters have a lot more difficult time dodging *cough*potempkin*cough* and the fight becomes at least managable since Faultless Defense is universal.

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
top691.jpg

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
Thanks for your help guys, that bitch is easy as pie these days. Especially when you DESTROY her ass...:glee: not that i need to though, it's just satisfying after getting owned for so long. Still haven't gotten up to maniac though...

Thats some damn nice artwork there, never seen that style before. Those are some fuckin burly legs. Where'd that art come from, and is there more?

Last edited:

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
It's Falcoon.

He has like 23848725 pictures on the net.

I think he does the art for SNK vs Capcom Card Fighters also... which I'm sure you've seen.