H2H and Linked Cabs Club

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
If you got an official or unofficial linked setup show off your pics here! If it's got more than one monitor it probably counts!

Example Setups:
Versus City
New Versus City
2x Blast City w/ Official Versus Kit
2x New Astro City w/ JAMMA Splitter
2x Candy Cab w/ a 4 player game
Head 2 Head Virtual On, Gundam, Initial D, etc.

Here's a pic of my H2H Blasts running 3rd Strike at CAX 2012:
2012-07-27_23-57-45_389.jpg

rvls

Crazed MVS Addict
With any luck I'll have my AC and NAC hooked up for both h2h and 4p via a custom loom soon. Pretty excited about that.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Nintendo Red Tent Vs. Balloon Fight
2012-02-13004818.jpg

Wrestlefest 4-player setup
2012-09-06014143.jpg

Kraylix cabs Head2Head (PS3)
2012-07-03013000.jpg

Daytona USA 2 Head2Head
2012-03-21142945.jpg

Sorwah

Crossed Swords Squire
nice man! I like those CPs. and the huge marquees!

Thanks man. I've put so much time and money into them that I wouldn't make nearly as much as I put into it. Sad thing is that I'm still working on them. I'm looking for some wall mounts to allow for easier head to head conversion. Right now the back panels have to be taken off to allow for it but hoping to put some wall plates on the back panel so I can just connect two VGA cables and ethernet cables without having to worry about opening up the cabinets.

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
nice, very nice. i need to get myself an HD cab (or two)!

keep em comin you guys!

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Those Big Blues are sweet, i should have jumped on one that had Super Turbo for like $500 i think a year ago haha but its too bulky...I also hate picking up woody cabs, i've spoiled myself at the ease of moving candies...

I want to get a Killer Instinct one though...

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
MOAR!!! I know BIGTIME has a ton of H2Hs, probably is waiting to clean up his stuff before showing it off... I'm working on cleaning up my setup too and then I'll post updated pics. I got new marquees, move strips, and fresh controls.

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
Got in some new controls today so I thought I'd finally take a picture of my H2H 3s setup. It's got Custom made Marquees and movestrips by BIGTIME. Brand new JLF and OBSF controls installed today. With bubble tops and shaft covers. Everything about P1 side is green and P2 side is blue. Randomly the two arcade stools I have happen to be green and blue as well, which works.

I've been restoring these two blasts quite a bit lately. They're already in pretty good condition, but I went ahead and changed out their PSU fans to new, quieter ones. I rerouted all the control panel wiring to be nice and neat. I am planning on replacing the locks on them now with official sega locks. I have the locks, just need to install them. It's these little things that still bring me pleasure. The collecting doesn't stop with just finding the stuff... you have to get uber anal to really experience the hobby.

2012-12-06_21-56-35_855.jpg

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
you have to get uber anal to really experience the hobby.

roger that.

damn I love that h2h setup. that's why I got the panels from you. planning on doing 2 custom SF overlays ;)

Sorwah

Crossed Swords Squire
Ha. I was thinking the same thing. Except, "blah blah teh buttonz are in the wrong place derp dah"

That is a seriously awesome setup though. Really snazzy.

Thanks, I took it to NEC XII and the guys there didn't complain about the button placement though I myself have had times I hit in between the buttons. The work required to form fit the japanese button layout would be too costly for the purposes of the cabs honestly.

I'm looking to tech out the back panel and have wall panel routed into it that has 4 VGA slots, 3 for VGA output and one for the monitor of the system. Then, I can route 1 VGA to the monitor of the same cabinet, the 2 VGA to the other cabinet, and the 3 VGA for another monitor/tv/hdtv for spectating. Same for the audio and possibly rig the 2p button inputs to be the same via ethernet cable. That way each cab could be stand alone and be h2h without opening the back panel.

Here's some more pics from NEC XII in 2011:
390451_313832645301570_1412301922_n.jpgDSC07872.jpgDSC07873.jpg

Last edited:

rvls

Crazed MVS Addict
Sloppy picture because it's 10 PM and I literally just walked in from dinner and had this package waiting for me.

BYy5Ml.jpg

Got my giant ass h2h+4p loom from Franco in today. Need to adjust the monitor on the right but I'm much too exhausted for that currently. Super excited though.

Sorwah

Crossed Swords Squire
Love that setup!

if I may suggest , get of the wrinkled bezels , and just leave the monitor shroud as is.
23_1.JPG

I'm sorry, are you saying to replace the bezel with the example you provided?
I can understand that as they're just poster board right now. However, I'm unsure on which bezel to order for the 25" monitors and if the wood framing will prevent the right one from fitting.

rvls

Crazed MVS Addict
Kind of a double post but I cleaned up the wiring today and touched up the monitor settings on the 2nd monitor.

SUfnCl.jpg

Can't wait to get some games in on this. Haven't tried 4p games yet though.

Sorwah

Crossed Swords Squire
Kind of a double post but I cleaned up the wiring today and touched up the monitor settings on the 2nd monitor.

Can't wait to get some games in on this. Haven't tried 4p games yet though.

Nice, looks much better!

I love you and hate you all in one violent thought. Those big blues are a beauty.

Yeah, though I might have to sell them (at a huge loss I imagine) this year. Haven't decided, I might be moving to Japan so obviously can't take them with me.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Nice, looks much better!

Yeah, though I might have to sell them (at a huge loss I imagine) this year. Haven't decided, I might be moving to Japan so obviously can't take them with me.

Well if you do, please let me know. I would want those beauties to go to a good home...more specifically mine. ^_^

yoooooon

n00b
Hi everyone,

Lurker for a long time, but finally taken the splurge. I just scored a Head-to-Head Sega Blast City setup, courtesy of BIGTIME and Kaph33n! It's still very much a work in progress and I'm planning on doing a full restoration at SOME point (cleaning, sanding, repainting, new decals, etc.) but I am stoked! :)

20130111_002557.jpg

A few things I want to do right away - deep cleaning of the cab, recap one of the chassis, get some 3s marquees from BIGTIME and play a ton of 3s, MvC2 and ST.

Thanks again to BIGTIME and Kaph33n for setting me up.

:)

masamuneGTO

My Bro Aint HeavyHe's just not Wortha Christmas pr
Hi everyone,

Lurker for a long time, but finally taken the splurge. I just scored a Head-to-Head Sega Blast City setup, courtesy of BIGTIME and Kaph33n! It's still very much a work in progress and I'm planning on doing a full restoration at SOME point (cleaning, sanding, repainting, new decals, etc.) but I am stoked! :)

A few things I want to do right away - deep cleaning of the cab, recap one of the chassis, get some 3s marquees from BIGTIME and play a ton of 3s, MvC2 and ST.

Thanks again to BIGTIME and Kaph33n for setting me up.

:)

Welcome to the forums and the Norcal neo crew!