Halo 2 "official" release date Nov. 9 limited 2 disc version will be available

Franco Bash

Geese's Thug
As posted on Gamespot:

Microsoft and Bungie have finally set the date for the Master Chief 's return to the Xbox, and will mark the occasion with a limited edition of the game.
After years of nebulous announcements, tentative releases dates, and the oft-repeated phrase "it will be ready when it's done," Microsoft and Bungie have finally nailed down the release date for Halo 2.

On November 9, 2004--almost exactly three years since Halo: Combat Evolved shipped--the most eagerly awaited sequel in Xbox history will arrive in stores, according to Aaron Greenberg, Xbox business and marketing manager. The news was officially unveiled at Microsoft's official E3 press briefing at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles. As an added bonus, attendees were treated to the first-ever multiplayer footage from Halo 2, which will be fully Xbox Live enabled when it is released this fall.

"We're very excited," Greenberg told GameSpot, expressing a fraction of the enthusiasm many gamers are feeling at the announcement. "We not looking at it so much as a game launch as a cultural phenomenon," he said, promising massive marketing support for Halo 2.

It didn't take long to find out what Greenberg meant. Moments after revealing the game's official release date, Microsoft announced it will soon make available a limited edition of Halo 2. The two-disc Halo LE will come in a metal box, and will sport a bevy of extras, including the documentary "The Making of Halo 2: Behind the Scenes of Bungie Studios." Also included in the set will be a series of featurettes on Halo 2's game design, animation, and music, as well as a collection of cinematics and characters that were cut from the game. The Halo LE will also feature an art gallery and commentaries from the development team at Bungie.

To date, Halo remains the best-selling title on the Xbox platform. Since its release in November 2001, it has sold over 4.5 million units, and often re-enters the best-selling game charts. Besides being endorsed by the gaming public, Halo was also a critical favorite, and was included in GameSpot's own Top 10 First-Person Shooters of All Time.

For more details on Halo 2 and all other things E3, check back with GameSpot's continuing coverage of this year's expo.

By Tor Thorsen -- GameSpot
POSTED: 05/10/04 08:30PM PST

Can't wait to go live with this one.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
teh OWNAGE

they shoulda added Halo 1 with live play on the 2nd disc. :D

Franco Bash

Geese's Thug
I was thinking the exact same thing, hopefully they will at least have all the Halo 1 multiplayer maps available as well as the new ones from part 2.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Franco Bash said:
I was thinking the exact same thing, hopefully they will at least have all the Halo 1 multiplayer maps available as well as the new ones from part 2.

yeah they should put the multi maps in for online, wouldn't be too hard and would own, no more XBC.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
nice.
I won't be getting any special edition
but I'll probably pick it up.
it's a decent game.
Great co-op. wish we could get cable out here.

hateful_liar

Armored Scrum Object
Franco Bash said:
It didn't take long to find out what Greenberg meant. Moments after revealing the game's official release date, Microsoft announced it will soon make available a limited edition of Halo 2. The two-disc Halo LE will come in a metal box, and will sport a bevy of extras, including the documentary "The Making of Halo 2: Behind the Scenes of Bungie Studios." Also included in the set will be a series of featurettes on Halo 2's game design, animation, and music, as well as a collection of cinematics and characters that were cut from the game. The Halo LE will also feature an art gallery and commentaries from the development team at Bungie.

A "Making of" is nice and all , but where are my plastic trinkets? Where's my Master Chief watch? Man, our special editions will never be as cool as the ones the Japanese get.

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
Halo: Combat Evolved is the best game ever, period.

Don't follow this post up with faggoty internet shit like "Actually..." or "No it isn't" because it'll only add to argument that you're a goddamn ignorant piece of shit.

Solidus Snake

Genam's Azami Sharpener
DAMN,I can't wait. It gives me enough time to play a bunch a games before I become a full pledged Halo-ite. :glee:

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
Buro Destruct said:

Don't follow this post up with faggoty internet shit like "Actually..." or "No it isn't" because it'll only add to argument that you're a goddamn ignorant piece of shit.

No it isn't.

Actually, it isn't even the best FPS ever, vagina blood. :crying:

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
buttasuperb said:
No it isn't.

Actually, it isn't even the best FPS ever, vagina blood. :crying:

WORTHLESS POST.

SURPRISED YOU DIDN'T USE THE WORD "TEH" TO MAKE IT FUNNY-ER.

HALO STOMPS YOU.

Zeekade Zarathos

Krizalids Fashion Designer
Buro Destruct said:

I won't say or start my sentence with either of those, a simple "Why?" should suffice.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
Zeekade Zarathos said:
I won't say or start my sentence with either of those, a simple "Why?" should suffice.

Possibly the deepest story in video game history.
An amazing and varied soundtrack.
Amazingly high productions values.
And gameplay that surpasses any console FPS to date.

Solidus Snake

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Anyone else playing this on Live? My roommate plays SOCOM 2 so much its driving me nuts. When I start Halo 2 I am going to drive him crazy.

Franco Bash

Geese's Thug
rarehero said:
nice.
I won't be getting any special edition
but I'll probably pick it up.
it's a decent game.
Great co-op. wish we could get cable out here.

Maybe you should move off the farm and come to the big city.
How go's it. Life as Franco Bash's and Hugo's padawan must be tough.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
xbox10.jpg

dragonwillow

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Kid Aphex said:
Possibly the deepest story in video game history.
An amazing and varied soundtrack.
Amazingly high productions values.
And gameplay that surpasses any console FPS to date.

Story: Nah... go argue that with Final Fantasy fans :P
Soundtrack: A+
Production values: Meh... for PC game standards, it was crap, but for console... whoa.
Best console FPS ever? HELL YEAH.
Best FPS ever? not even close X_X

Awesome game for console, but still, if you compare it to anything more than that, it just gets beat.

My opinion anyways.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
dragonwillow said:
Story: Nah... go argue that with Final Fantasy fans :P
Soundtrack: A+
Production values: Meh... for PC game standards, it was crap, but for console... whoa.
Best console FPS ever? HELL YEAH.
Best FPS ever? not even close X_X

Awesome game for console, but still, if you compare it to anything more than that, it just gets beat.

My opinion anyways.

Explain to me how the production values were low compared to a PC game.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
OK guys its a simple as this, If you dont like the game dont buy it. If you like it then buy it. We dont really need to hear complaints from either side in a thread about news and not opinions.

And BTW, Halo's cool and I'm gonna get an LE. :rolleyes:

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
Spike said:
We dont really need to hear complaints from either side in a thread about news and not opinions.

Why not?

This is a forum, stuff gets discussed, agreed or disagreed upon, doesn't matter what kind of thread it is. That's what this place it for. And spam.

And I'll probably buy Halo 2 due to its online play.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
buttasuperb said:
Why not?

This is a forum, stuff gets discussed, agreed or disagreed upon, doesn't matter what kind of thread it is. That's what this place it for. And spam.

And I'll probably buy Halo 2 due to its online play.

Awww, I'm just funnin' with ya. Hence my last sentence.