Has Megaman Anniversary Collection for the GBA been Cancelled?

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
Neither Gamestop nor EB is even listing it anymore. Last time I checked it said it was coming out February 15th.

Capcom doesn't have it on their site either... :crying:

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Boo! This was one of the titles I was eagerly anticipating... I really hope it hasn't been cancelled.

Moose

Moose,
20 Year Member
I heard it was cancelled A WHILE ago. Lets hope not:(

H

hermegildo

It might have to do with the PSP games actually.

Remember how Capcom promised a bunch of stuff for the Megaman X Collection, yet most of those things didn't make the cut?

It's because the Megaman creator (forgot his name) didn't want to take away from the PSP remakes and told Capcom to remove all the new stuff in the compilations. If I remember correctly, the X1 arranged soundtrack was taken out because it's being used in Maverick Hunter X for example.

The same thing might've happened to the GBA game and maybe they pulled the plug on it altogether.

It sucks really.

Link.

Lime2K

Host for Orochi
My store just got word today that it has indeed been cancelled. We sent out auto-calls to our customers who had it pre-ordered.

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
hermegildo said:
It might have to do with the PSP games actually.

Remember how Capcom promised a bunch of stuff for the Megaman X Collection, yet most of those things didn't make the cut?

It's because the Megaman creator (forgot his name) didn't want to take away from the PSP remakes and told Capcom to remove all the new stuff in the compilations. If I remember correctly, the X1 arranged soundtrack was taken out because it's being used in Maverick Hunter X for example.

The same thing might've happened to the GBA game and maybe they pulled the plug on it altogether.

It sucks really.

Link.

You know it's bad when a company rehashes so much it has to pull content from one game to make another look good. :oh_no:

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
wow. that sucks.
i read in a play magazine awhile ago that they were so slow
about it because they lost alot of the original code.
who know's but i'd like to have this on gba, and why would they want
to release it on psp? there's like a billion gba's and a fraction of psp systems.
i mean how well do the niche games do on it anyways,
like vampire chronicles, or whatever.

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
rarehero said:
wow. that sucks.
i read in a play magazine awhile ago that they were so slow
about it because they lost alot of the original code.
who know's but i'd like to have this on gba, and why would they want
to release it on psp? there's like a billion gba's and a fraction of psp systems.
i mean how well do the niche games do on it anyways,
like vampire chronicles, or whatever.

True, all those Megaman collection games coming out on the PSP would do much better on the DS. The average gamer with a PSP only cares about GTA, sports games, FPS's, and generally 3-d games. I think the DS is 2-D games' last stronghold.