Have questions about the NGPC?

LIVINGWONDER

Cheng's Errand Boy
I've never owned one nor played one and have some questions about it. Is there a way so you can play it on a regular TV screen? Also is there a way so you can play the AES joysticks on it? I'm thinking of getting an NGPC and would like to have answers to these questions.

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
No, there isn't, or at least I've never heard of any kind of mod that does that...

The closest you could get to it is playing the NGPC emu on the DC and hooking a NeoGeo stick to it...

[OCEAN]

son_of_bael

Host for Orochi
the games are designed for a very small screen, so they would look very weird on a TV. Never seen or heard of a mod to connect a NGPC to a TV. I guess its easy if you are a rom whore.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Yeah, there is a mod to get your NGPC to play on your TV. I remember c.t.h doing so and had pictures of it.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Lets Gekiga In said:
Yeah, there is a mod to get your NGPC to play on your TV. I remember c.t.h doing so and had pictures of it.

No, c.t.h blew the cover on his own joke, he basically just fed teh emulation from his laptop to the TV set.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
bokmeow said:
No, c.t.h blew the cover on his own joke, he basically just fed teh emulation from his laptop to the TV set.
That cheap bastard! I totally forgot about that. I didn't even read much into that thread. Does that thread even exist anymore?

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
Lets Gekiga In said:
That cheap bastard! I totally forgot about that. I didn't even read much into that thread. Does that thread even exist anymore?

I did that back when the ngpc forum got a bit stale, i thought it was rather funny. I'm afraid the thread is long gone though....

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
c.t.h said:
I did that back when the ngpc forum got a bit stale, i thought it was rather funny. I'm afraid the thread is long gone though....
Yeah, it's getting a bit stale even now. I mean with no new releases or news of sorts, it's hard to talk about anything else.

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
Lets Gekiga In said:
Yeah, it's getting a bit stale even now. I mean with no new releases or news of sorts, it's hard to talk about anything else.

pretty much. you can only discuss gameplay on the same so many games so many times.

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
I know it's getting slow around here, but ain't much I can do to spice it up. System is about 3-4 years dead now and there just isn't much news about it.

On topic: Yes there is a way to connect your NGPC to a TV. A prototype "Pocket Station" exists, but I haven't seen pictures of it yet, but I know the owner. Hopefully I can persuade him to "come out".

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
D-Lite said:
I know it's getting slow around here, but ain't much I can do to spice it up. System is about 3-4 years dead now and there just isn't much news about it.

On topic: Yes there is a way to connect your NGPC to a TV. A prototype "Pocket Station" exists, but I haven't seen pictures of it yet, but I know the owner. Hopefully I can persuade him to "come out".

I'd be very curious to see the innards of this device, duplication may be possible.

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
This thread made me think of the idea of a "super gameboy" style cartridge which would let you play NGPC games on a Home Cart System... or even on an MVS... :rolleyes:
Now that would be something interesting to see ;)

[OCEAN]

Sundance

Sho's Rival
I haven't seen a controller connection for a NGPC yet but there is one here for a GBA so it's entirely possible to do it for a NGPC...i'd bet. >>

http://www.mashmods.com/

Scroll down to find it!

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Or, I dunno, this:

TotalSceneMain.jpg

http://pages.prodigy.net/tan.ax/GBAConsole/gbaconsole.htm

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
c.t.h said:
I'd be very curious to see the innards of this device, duplication may be possible.

I'm thinking the same thing.

BUT. For the cost involved in acquiring said device and also to design and produce the mod/device, you'd need a lot of cash per system from a lot of people.

We're talking 5 figures just to acquire it, so this is not for the faint of heart.