Hearthstone

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
The past week I've been sick so all I've been doing is playing. I have the mage up to 150 wins and the deck isn't boring me yet. I've decided to start working ranked Shaman and decided to use this deck:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/68166-crusher-shaman-legendary

It's really fun to watch your opponent burn their cards as you continue to roll out one beast after another. One game I had a hex, but decided not to use it because my opponent was working on bringing out Thaddius. I had like 5 taunts up, and once that dude came out I Faceless'd him and Hex'd for the ultimate BM. Dude conceded before I could swing for lethal.

Another funny match. You realize you're playing in rank 20 when you see an opening play like that...hahaha

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
hahaha soul fire to the face on turn 1. I love it. Hello Dennis!

I tried the crusher shaman a bit last season and it was a lot of fun. Good deck.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I almost got beat by a bot running a zoo deck earlier. It's crazy how many bots I've come across. They don't seem to understand deathrattles or Kel'Thuzad, which is hilarious to watch them ram 4 minions into an Earth Elemental only to have Kel bring it right back.

I've thought about creating a separate account just to see what a bot could do for me if I left it running 24/7, but I like the game too much to be part of something I think ruins it.

EDIT -- I'm going to start compiling screenshots of funny opening starts by other players. Yesterday I had somebody innervate hero power with Druid and not even attack, then threaten me.

Last edited:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Lol at the Soul Fire to the face. Eat fire!

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I made my son an account today. He always watches me play so he was interested. I think it'll also help with his reading, math, and critical thinking skills. You get an expert pack for reaching level 10. I was stoked when I saw the yellow glow around the card, and then realized he truly is my son with the shitty luck he had:

x8f66pY.png

At least he can disenchant it to get some good zoo cards going.

cannonball

15 Year Member
I made my son an account today. He always watches me play so he was interested. I think it'll also help with his reading, math, and critical thinking skills. You get an expert pack for reaching level 10. I was stoked when I saw the yellow glow around the card, and then realized he truly is my son with the shitty luck he had:

View attachment 18845

At least he can disenchant it to get some good zoo cards going.

No man he's ready for the plundering pirates card back. The game is telling your son he needs to go full on pirate deck now. It even threw in an upgrade.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I totally made him a pirate deck. He really likes the warrior, but I think that's just because he looks the toughest. There's no way I'm going to be able to teach him control warrior until maybe 3 or 4 more years.

Just hit 200 with the mage. Fuck, it really turns into a grind, but it's kind of therapeutic, too. Until I get BM'd :\

qqxTCFn.jpg

cannonball

15 Year Member
Just hit 200 with the mage. Fuck, it really turns into a grind, but it's kind of therapeutic, too. Until I get BM'd :\

"sorry about that".

Man, did you pull anything good from the packs you bought with the itunes card? My highlights were an extra leeroy I was able to dust for full value and a golden mukla.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I bought two cards and got 80 packs for me and 80 packs for my kid (I told him he has to wait for the weekend to open his). I already had a complete regular set, so I was going for gold cards + dust to create gold Naxx cards. I was hoping to maybe pull at least one gold legendary, but that never happened :/ I got a bunch of gold commons and rares, with a few golden epics. I used my dust to craft a set of most of the golden Naxx cards, sans legendaries (although I came close to crafting a golden Kel'Thuzad).

I was praying to pull a leeroy for that dust, haha.

cannonball

15 Year Member
I bought two cards and got 80 packs for me and 80 packs for my kid (I told him he has to wait for the weekend to open his). I already had a complete regular set, so I was going for gold cards + dust to create gold Naxx cards. I was hoping to maybe pull at least one gold legendary, but that never happened :/ I got a bunch of gold commons and rares, with a few golden epics. I used my dust to craft a set of most of the golden Naxx cards, sans legendaries (although I came close to crafting a golden Kel'Thuzad).

I was praying to pull a leeroy for that dust, haha.

That's awesome man. I'm not sure which nax cards i'm going to make yet. I think i netted about 6.5k dust from the 80 packs. Definitely some more naxx gold cards in my future, although I have a couple key legendary cards from the standard set I don't yet have such as tirion I need to use some of the dust for.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
That's awesome man. I'm not sure which nax cards i'm going to make yet. I think i netted about 6.5k dust from the 80 packs. Definitely some more naxx gold cards in my future, although I have a couple key legendary cards from the standard set I don't yet have such as tirion I need to use some of the dust for.

Tirion is a must-have, imo. Even if he's basically a "remove a polymorph/hex from your opponent's deck."

The good thing about Naxx class cards is that they're all common, so you're looking at 400 dust to craft gold ones (or 800 for the set). The neutral must-crafts for me were Undertaker, Zombie Chow, Mad Scientist, Unstable Ghoul, and Sludge Belcher. I'll probably do the Nerubian Egg at some point. I'm holding off on the gold spells until last since you only see them briefly.

In my Mage deck, I run two golden Sludge Belchers, which almost always get duplicated. There's nothing cooler than seeing 4 golden Sludge Belchers on the field.