Hearthstone

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Stalaag / Feugen seems to work well in Hunter - I think because most assume it's a face deck and they're just trying to heal / defend, then on turn 5 it just changes.

I'm running into the same 2 decks early this season.

Aggro Paladin using Divine Favor to refresh and push through.
Aggro Druid using small minions early (haunted creeper, saplings, murloc tidehunter) then soul of the forest on turn 4, power of the wild / savage roar or double savage roar once they go treant.

Well, those and Thaurissian / Antonidas mage that seems to be the main deck in the 15-17 range.

I've also seen a lot of Ysera's lately.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Stalaag / Feugen seems to work well in Hunter - I think because most assume it's a face deck and they're just trying to heal / defend, then on turn 5 it just changes.

I'm running into the same 2 decks early this season.

Aggro Paladin using Divine Favor to refresh and push through.
Aggro Druid using small minions early (haunted creeper, saplings, murloc tidehunter) then soul of the forest on turn 4, power of the wild / savage roar or double savage roar once they go treant.

Well, those and Thaurissian / Antonidas mage that seems to be the main deck in the 15-17 range.

I've also seen a lot of Ysera's lately.
Ysera is normal in control decks. But aggro decks are the norm. If you have the money for the wallet warrior, you will be competing well against everything, but it will take longer than the aggro matches.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Been playing this for awhile. If anyone wants to hit me up for a game, Bliz ID is:

JedahDoma#1602

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
So Beneath The Grounds is an answer to Reno decks. Obviously only works with Rogue.

Finito

n00b
Grinding ladder in Hearthstone is so boring right now. Ladder consists of 50% combo druid decks... Can't even bother anymore.. Playing just some fun decks and an occasional arena run. Right now I'm trying to save up gold for the upcoming expansion, really looking forward to the Wild and Standard formats coming :)

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Grinding ladder in Hearthstone is so boring right now. Ladder consists of 50% combo druid decks... Can't even bother anymore.. Playing just some fun decks and an occasional arena run. Right now I'm trying to save up gold for the upcoming expansion, really looking forward to the Wild and Standard formats coming :)

Fuck the ladder. You can enjoy the game running Reno mill Druid and Harrison Blintron priest decks. You just have to stick to the over 18 ranks.

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
I'm just experimenting - I seem to build a new deck or two almost every day, hoping i'll stumble onto something mean.

When I want to climb, the sad truth is, most face hunter decks can still get you to rank 12 in about 2 hours. Anytime I need to rack gold in a hurry, I just break out a face hunter.

I'm having most fun with Druid right now - so many options to run with him.

Finito

n00b
Really nice nerfs on druids. Savage roar+Force of nature was just retarded. Even more boring than Secret paladin.

Looking forward to the new standard format.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
http://kotaku.com/blizzard-is-nerfing-a-bunch-of-hearthstone-cards-1772085122

Some BIG nerfs upcoming!

I'm glad to see this will adjust Aggro Druid, Burst Rogue and Handlock decks.

Ironbeak Owl at a three drop is good, I can't see this making much of a difference. The same with BGH at a five drop.

Druid really copped it though. Still, if Force of Nature still isn't dealt with by an opposing taunt or board clear, the next turn the Savage Roar combo is still viable. Even more so with a double Roar, Innervate and Leeroy! ;)

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Master of Disguise got nerfed even further into disuse than ever before.

That was the only card that I didn't want to see nerfed. It would make thing interesting in my Loremaster Mill Rogue deck. I guess that's a deck I kiss goodbye to.

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
BGH makes a ton of sense - I like that; i'll still use it often at 5.

I don't have an issue with any of them really. Leper Gnome makes a lot of sense too.

I thought if they did Ironbeak they'd also do Spellbreaker. Now Spellbreaker at 4 for 4/3 or Owl at 3 for 3/1; I don't know why anyone would have an owl over the other.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I thought if they did Ironbeak they'd also do Spellbreaker. Now Spellbreaker at 4 for 4/3 or Owl at 3 for 3/1; I don't know why anyone would have an owl over the other.

Yeah, that's a valid point. I guess you'll still see it prominent in Beast decks.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
When a guy slow rolls you to the end and then plays Blingtron:

VYA0rCC.jpg

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
BGH makes a ton of sense - I like that; i'll still use it often at 5.

I don't have an issue with any of them really. Leper Gnome makes a lot of sense too.

because it counts as a beast.

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
Ahh, yeah, I see. I've never run a beast deck. I really should try out a tundra / stampeding deck.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Ahh, yeah, I see. I've never run a beast deck. I really should try out a tundra / stampeding deck.

What do you mean you haven't run a beast deck?!

If you play as hunter you choose beasts because of cards like Kill Command, or Houndmaster

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
I've never run a primarily beast deck - most have been face decks w/Knife Juggler, Lepers, Abusive, Arcane, Bluegill, Wolfrider, Argus, Eaglehorn, Glaivezooka, misdirection / explosive / freezing. I do use Animal Companion and Unleash Hounds, but I've used Quick Shot over Kill Command due to not having enough beasts.

Last night I built a deck w/Rhinos, Highmanes, Houndmaster, KC, Stablemaster, Call Pet and yeah, i've probably been doing it wrong. This deck is control early / annihilate late. I climbed from 20 to 16 in about 90 minutes. I'm sure a beast/face deck would have similar results.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I've never run a primarily beast deck - most have been face decks w/Knife Juggler, Lepers, Abusive, Arcane, Bluegill, Wolfrider, Argus, Eaglehorn, Glaivezooka, misdirection / explosive / freezing. I do use Animal Companion and Unleash Hounds, but I've used Quick Shot over Kill Command due to not having enough beasts.

Last night I built a deck w/Rhinos, Highmanes, Houndmaster, KC, Stablemaster, Call Pet and yeah, i've probably been doing it wrong. This deck is control early / annihilate late. I climbed from 20 to 16 in about 90 minutes. I'm sure a beast/face deck would have similar results.

You're getting hung up on themes, instead of focusing on actual synergy.

In a hunter deck, where certain cards will get improved with a beast on the deck, it's a no brainer to choose Iron Beak over a Spellbreaker. But if you are running an aggro paladin and need a good silence, you will probably pick Spellbreaker because beasts don't affect Paladin cards.

Also, with a regular face hunter deck, you should be at rank 12 at the very least.

And no one should be using misdirection. It's the worst Hunter secret card.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Highmanes don't belong in a face deck. In a face deck, all cards should be under 5 cost. Even 4 cost is pushing it. Kill Command is your finisher and you should always be running that over quickshot, although having a 1-of quickshot in a face deck is good.

The sad truth is that face decks aren't even that good anymore. There's just too much shit that can handle the rush and then out-value you in the end. Midrange is where it's at.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Highmanes don't belong in a face deck. In a face deck, all cards should be under 5 cost. Even 4 cost is pushing it. Kill Command is your finisher and you should always be running that over quickshot, although having a 1-of quickshot in a face deck is good.

The sad truth is that face decks aren't even that good anymore. There's just too much shit that can handle the rush and then out-value you in the end. Midrange is where it's at.

I watched some rank 5 matches and the face was still strong there