Help a person who asked me a question on Youtube

Tighe

Cheng's Errand Boy
I got this message via youtube today:

neo geo 120 in 1
Hello my good sir! I recently got myself a 120 in 1 cart from excellentcom.net and a mvs converter .v2 from the neostore. Congrads' right? No sir! I get a menu and can move through the game titles, but cannot start any game. I am hoping that you may have some good advice or may be able to point me in the right direction being that you seem to have quite a collection yourself. I have collected the neo on and off for years, but this is the first dive into mvs land. My current system is a Japanese system with no mods. If a serial helps, I can send you one. Please write back as I am anxiously trying to find out what to do with this mess.

Now, this is not meant to open a debate on the merit of a multi-cart or using MVS adapters, I just want to help this person, so if anyone has advice on how to get his to work, please post it here.

Thanks,
Tighe

darcotrigger

Zero's Tailor
These carts are known to have issues with converters.
Buy authentic games and play them on the hardware they were designed for. Beyond that, do your research before shelling out that kind of $$$$$.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Most likely a power supply issue. What PSU is he running? What's voltage and amps rating?

Tighe

Cheng's Errand Boy
Most likely a power supply issue. What PSU is he running? What's voltage and amps rating?

I asked him just now. I will post as soon as he tell me. I will also give him the link to this page.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
hey what about fuck this guy and he learned the hard way

darcotrigger

Zero's Tailor
hey what about fuck this guy and he learned the hard way

Sad but true. Playing with power supplies will be trial and error. It may help, but I doubt the cart will ever function perfectly with the converter.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The 120-in-1 requires a coin inserted BEFORE you can select a game, so it's not possible to use it in AES unless it's modded with a UNIBIOS set to arcade mode.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The 120-in-1 requires a coin inserted BEFORE you can select a game, so it's not possible to use it in AES unless it's modded with a UNIBIOS set to arcade mode.

LOL, oh well. He should have gotten a UB prior to teh romz.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Is there are power supply you recommend?

He needs a unibios to set the AES to MVS mode to fix the problem as he needs to insert coins to play which can only be done on MVS mode.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
He needs a unibios to set the AES to MVS mode to fix the problem as he needs to insert coins to play which can only be done on MVS mode.

That's what I was going to say.

Xian Xi's right!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
SNKorSWM said it first but I guess needed to be repeated.

Tighe

Cheng's Errand Boy
He has the Unibios now

He has teh Unibios now, but the graphics are corrupted and and colored blue. The highest rated powersupply he is has it 1200ma.

I don't know if he set it to MVS mode yet.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
He has teh Unibios now, but the graphics are corrupted and and colored blue. The highest rated powersupply he is has it 1200ma.

I don't know if he set it to MVS mode yet.

If he has the Pro Pow 3 type PSU that is 9v, 10v or 11v he needs at least 2 amps of current if he's running an multicart with an MVS converter 2.

Gentle Ben

NAM-75 Vet
Is this the same "friend" in high school that used to get a raging woody at the most inappropriate times in gym class...?

Dude, seriously, just own up to having a multi-cart.:oh_no:

Tighe

Cheng's Errand Boy