Help! (Jeff maybe?) My Neo cart system's A/V out just died :(

Matt

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Well, it seems my Neo cart system has up and died on me. Namely, the A/V out has stopped outputting composite video, audio, and composite sync. Not fun!
I can still get audio from the headphone jack, and RGB to a certain extent (the red, green, and blue signals are still going through but there's no sync). I'm assuming it's something to do with the Sony IC near the A/V out, but I don't know too all that much about Neo insides so I'm probably wrong.
Has anybody seen this happen before? If so, is there anything I could do to fix it? I'm fairly well-experienced with electronics work, so I'm sure it's something I could handle if it's possible.

Or, (Maybe you would know, Jeff?) is there a way to grab a composite sync signal from anywhere else inside the Neo? S-Video mods seem to be popular here; I'm assuming it's possible to take a Luma signal from somewhere, and if so stripping the sync from it would be easy. If I can get a good sync signal, I could easily jury-rig a proper RGB output on the back, and just take the stereo audio from the headphone part. I only ever use my system with an RGB monitor, so lack of composite doesn't bother me. I would much rather do this than get a new system.
Oh, FYI, my Neo is a 9-volt US model.

Matthew

P.S. - You don't need to tell me to yell at my system. I've done plenty of this.

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
I have a couple extra Sony CXA1145 chips - I can sell you one if you want to try that first. Drop me a line: jmkurtz@macola.com

Jeff

NeoGML

Fighting Artist
well, yelling usually helps... maybe you aren't yelling loud enough... keep yelling at it as loud as you can... if that doesn't work, then you can always go ahead and spend your money...

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NeoGML:
well, yelling usually helps... maybe you aren't yelling loud enough... keep yelling at it as loud as you can... if that doesn't work, then you can always go ahead and spend your money...

Then you can try highly-technical American fix-it way, by smacking it until it starts working or breaks down completely.
biggrin.gif

------------------
-BioMotor_Unitron
lb_shikyohstand.gif

"Oh yeah? Look who is talking, Bushido-butt!"