Help My Saturn Cart Slot Is Fuck*d

RVF400

Host for Orochi
well i was using my action reply 4 in 1 to back up my saves cos my battery on the saturn is flat, when i tryed to play kof 95 just now it said can't find rom cart, then i tryed kof 96 with official 1 mb it did the same thing!, thing is i have only used to 4 in 1 twice since owning my saturn, whats wrong?????????.

its a jap white saturn BTW.

Hobgoblin

Crazed MVS Addict
The Action replay has a bigger board in it and it pushes the contacts away from each other in the cart slot, you take a big risk in using a Action replay or ST Key, and it sounds to me this is what happened, If the casing around the contacts has been pushed apart, take a pair of needle nose pliers and push them back, if its the contacts themselves then youre fucked.

Hobgoblin

Crazed MVS Addict
basically if you use an action replay you can never ever remove it from the system because it will risk seperating the contacts.

RVF400

Host for Orochi
thats terrible!, but if i use the 5 in 1 again it reads that fine!, i compared the size of the action replay and 1mb ram and they look the same!

Hobgoblin

Crazed MVS Addict
Thats really weird......Id take the system apart and really give it a nice cleaning inside.

RVF400

Host for Orochi
IT WORKS!, i just have to slam the carts in real f*ck*ng hard every time i wanna use them!, blame it on policenauts i been trying to play this game for a while and every time i save i have to back it up on to the action replay!, gonna leave it and get a new battery me thinks!

slerch666

updyke,
RVF400 said:
IT WORKS!, i just have to slam the carts in real f*ck*ng hard every time i wanna use them!, blame it on policenauts i been trying to play this game for a while and every time i save i have to back it up on to the action replay!, gonna leave it and get a new battery me thinks!
I have the Interact Memory Card Plus and my Saturn has problems reading it, but it reads the ST Key and the 4 in 1 just fine. Odd.

If you had a US Saturn, you can send it to Sega-Parts and pay to have it repaired. May be cheaper to buy another Saturn off eBay, but it IS an option (they are the only authorized Sega repair center for old systems, BTW).

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
Mine won't register at times so I just have to slam it back in or just mess with it a bit until it decides to work. Never knew about it pushing the contacts though.

MVSNeoGeo

n00b
Yea i used to own the original grey jap sat and i used to have constant problems with the ram carts working, the worst one was capcoms 4mb cart .
The action replay does not really affect the contacts because cart ports are built in a way that there is a a max that they will go to.

The problem is normal dirty cart port or carts but more often than not its the cart port the has collected crap.

Best way I've found is to just get hold of a air modle paint brush and just brush the crap, do the same with the cart to.

once i did all this to mine it sorted the problem out. ;):mad:

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
RVF400 said:
well i was using my action reply 4 in 1 to back up my saves cos my battery on the saturn is flat, when i tryed to play kof 95 just now it said can't find rom cart, then i tryed kof 96 with official 1 mb it did the same thing!, thing is i have only used to 4 in 1 twice since owning my saturn, whats wrong?????????.

its a jap white saturn BTW.

KOF 95 has it's own RAM cart. It's gray and has a picture of Kyo on it.

jp2k4

n00b
RAM carts and ROM carts are totally different, since the ROM cart has part of the games actual program on it. KoF95 WILL NOT work with any convertor cartridge of any kind, only the ROM cart it came with.

When my saturn doesnt read carts, I put the cart in about half way, just enough so you no its in, but I do not put them in all the way. I have never had a problem with that metod.

Nash

Fu'un-Ken Master
i've inserted and taken out my 4-in-1 countless times, and i've never had a single problem with it. this was with a US saturn.