Help with Cyber Lead!!

mungrin

Panko KING,
Damn thing will not fit into my apartment! This sucks.I tried takin it apart but it was a no go.Anyone know if the front panel comes completly off?I know it opens but cant figure out a way to take it off.

Any help would be appreciated.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
I am guessing you took the front door off its hinges. First rule of cab purchasing, never buy anything you can not get through the door.

mungrin

Panko KING,
Yeah i guess i was just to excited bout finally getting a cab that i didnt measure my doorway.Ive tried everything but I couldnt not get it through the door.

cgbartek

Crazed MVS Addict
I don't own a Cyberlead (yet :) ) but I bet the whole control panel will come off somehow. You may have to take the monitor out in order to access the bolts though. Get a buddy or two over on the weekend and I'm sure you'll figure something out.

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
When I bought my Astro City a few weeks ago I measured and everything should've worked by the numbers, but it didn't fit one doorway in the house. I'm not sure how the Cyberlead goes but I was able to break the Astro City into 4 major parts:

top that goes over the monitor (includes speakers)

bottom front that includes the control panel and everything below including the bottom base of the cab

main body of the cab

monitor

Really it wasn't hard to do, they aren't that complicated to take apart/put together once you take a good look at how they go together. I would imagine most of them are similarly put together but like I said, this was an Astro City not a Cyberlead.

mungrin

Panko KING,
So did you get this big bitch in your apartment or what?

Nope.My apartment doorways are 28 1/2 inches wide :mad::mad::mad::blow_top:

My family live across the street though and thats where it is right now.My family is so excited now that it wont fit in my apartment and that it will probably end up in thier basement but little do they know im gonna set it up to only take quarters.:mr_t:

Nope.My apartment doorways are 28 1/2 inches wide :mad::mad::mad::blow_top:

Did you take the door off the hinges. I had to to be able to rotate the cab into my apartment. Another option is to pry the molding off the doorway, that may give you another inch or so width.

My family live across the street though and thats where it is right now.My family is so excited now that it wont fit in my apartment and that it will probably end up in thier basement but little do they know im gonna set it up to only take quarters.:mr_t:

Haha, that is great. Tell them it is your kids college fund! :buttrock:

^_^_^

NipRing

The Shlonginator,
Did you take the door off the hinges. I had to to be able to rotate the cab into my apartment. Another option is to pry the molding off the doorway, that may give you another inch or so width.

Haha, that is great. Tell them it is your kids college fund! :buttrock:

^_^_^

In the carpenter world that particular molding is referred to as door stop. Just in case there is any confusion.

In the carpenter world that particular molding is referred to as door stop. Just in case there is any confusion.

Good call. :) I should have been more specific. I don't want mungrin blaming me for telling him to tear apart the wrong thing in his apartment. ;)

^_^_^

mungrin

Panko KING,
Good call. :) I should have been more specific. I don't want mungrin blaming me for telling him to tear apart the wrong thing in his apartment. ;)

^_^_^

If i could take those moldings off it would be an easy fit but im scared ill mess something up and the landlord here is a big asshole.

ArcadeBen

n00b
Man, that sucks! That cab is making you work the whole way! First the truck and now the apt. Good luck!!