Here's an idea for Capcom Vs. SNK 2....

Mister Kunio

Crazed MVS Addict
bisonorochi.gif

------------------
To top being strong, I am also handsome!
yashiro.gif

C

Caris Nautilus

Nice Mugen game.

I wish Bison looked like that in CvSNK, I hate how they made him look old school SF 2, His Alpha version looks alot cooler.

Amakusa would be cool to add also to the boss list...

------------------
psdmini.gif

Mister Kunio

Crazed MVS Addict
Well, Capcom TRIED to give this game a storyline (repeat: TRIED. In the vein of Capcom...they almost never have good storylines.) Capcom Vs. SNK is supposed to take place after SF2. So Bison is skinny again, Ken has no ponytail, Sagat says "Tiger Uppercut" and "Tiger Crush"...it could have worked, except Sakura and Cammy send this idea to Hell. At least put Cammy in a delta red uniform! Geez!

Yes, Mugen is good. I need an Adon.

------------------
Tsuki o miru tabi OMOIDAZE!
iori_svc_winpose.gif

G

gorilla

Well.... this was the first attempt. Hopefully CvSNK2 will have a LOT more characters, both from SNK and Capcom. I mean, I thought MvC2 was 10 times the game that MvC was, but that's not saying much.

They tried it, it worked. Now they need to refine it.

We should see definately some more SS characters, along with KOF...like Goenitz, Maxima, and NFT. Let's see what happens.

GREAT IDEA though, and agreed.... I like the "Fat" Bison better...(I don't think he looks fat really).

C

Caris Nautilus

Originally posted by Mister Kunio:
Well, Capcom TRIED to give this game a storyline (repeat: TRIED. In the vein of Capcom...they almost never have good storylines.) Capcom Vs. SNK is supposed to take place after SF2. So Bison is skinny again, Ken has no ponytail, Sagat says "Tiger Uppercut" and "Tiger Crush"...it could have worked, except Sakura and Cammy send this idea to Hell. At least put Cammy in a delta red uniform! Geez!

Yes, Mugen is good. I need an Adon.

Capcom always messes up their story lines though. Street fighter zero series was suppoed to be before SF 2, Fighting Street even, But why the hell did everyone have crazy supers/abilities?

But in SF 2 they were all weak...

Also Morrigan stood out like a damn sore thumb in CvSNK, I like darkstalkers, But Lilith kicks morrigans ass.

Also WTMFH was Ibuki???? lol, Also they should lose guile and add in Nash, Way more style

------------------
psdmini.gif

Jpop/Jrock/Gaming, nuff' said.
http://prizmdash.cjb.net

O

Omega-NEO

No way man don't lose Guile! He is my favorite Capcom character. If it weren't for Guile I wouldn't have spent any money on any Street Fighter games ever. Maybe they could change the voice effects and make Guile say Sonic Boom entirely instead of Sonic Boo... or whatever he said in Capcom vs SNK, but don't remove him entirely. As for Nash... LoL, what a terrible idea!!

Alpa

n00b
I just want more characters like about 64.
32 in Capcom and 32 in SNK. I want to see
Adon and Joe fight, Chin and Gen to fight, and Kensou and Guy to fight too!

Jackal

SouthTown StreetSweeper
I'm hoping they bring Bob Wilson & Hon-fu to CvS2.

Does anyone else think the Groove Point system should be ditched? Sometimes, you get C's and D's out of the blue for what looks like a clean hit. And special moves usually give A's or B's. A standard scoring system like KOF'98 would be better.

Jackal
gameoverdude.jpg
www.gameoverdude.com

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
I have a suggestion: leave SNK's characters alone! I almost had a heart attack when I
discovered that Terry's Power Dunk was omitted from the game. Geese Howard (who is
one of the stronger SNK bosses) seems weaker than Bison, and most of his moves are
missing! WTF is up with that? Terry's Power Dunk could cancel out Ryu's Dragon Punch
any day, and this is probably why Capcom limited Terry's moves to a select few. C'mon,
Capcom -- stop being afraid and give SNK players what they're after: a true match of the millennium! Notice how Capcom's characters remained untouched (for the most part). (Sigh)

------------------
terry1.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!

Mister Kunio

Crazed MVS Addict
Actually, NeoLord, I don't think Terry's power dunk is missing. I think the EX version of Terry has it. But, I do agree that Geese is QUITE disappointing...they did a great job with the sprites, and he's fun to....watch...but he isn't very playable. 2 projectiles and 3 counters? That's it? Hmph. Well, at least the Deadly Rave is easy to execute.

------------------
You can not escape from death.
geese.gif

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Originally posted by Mister Kunio:
Actually, NeoLord, I don't think Terry's power dunk is missing. I think the EX version of Terry has it. But, I do agree that Geese is QUITE disappointing...they did a great job with the sprites, and he's fun to....watch...but he isn't very playable. 2 projectiles and 3 counters? That's it? Hmph. Well, at least the Deadly Rave is easy to execute.

Really... the EX character? Hmmm... Geese was a disappointment. Rugal is the same as always, tho'.
smile.gif

------------------
terry1.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!

[This message has been edited by NeoLord (edited December 17, 2000).]

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
My focus on Capcom vs. SNK 2 was always more on the fighting system itself, and not of the obvious point of adding more characters (Athena... Blue Mary... HELLO!!!).

Take this for instance:
Initially, you select SNK or Capcom Groove, then everyone picks three characters... no ratios or anything here... just act as if everyone was a ratio 2 characer. After this is done, the challenger gets to choose from one of the three types of battles (just like the NGPC version of SNK vs. Capcom, but with more options).

1. A standard one on one. If this match is selected, each member selects one person to represent the team in a best 2 out of 3. This person is selected in secret so that you won't know who you're fighting against until the match begins. After selecting your character, you get the options to choose either "Parry or Just Defended", and "Alpha Counter vs. Guard Cancel". Then, you decide if you'd want a "Normal" or "Death Match" battle a-la World Heroes.
smile.gif

2. The standard two on two (or Vs. mode) plays similar to Marvel vs. Capcom. Both members get to secretly choose two members to fight, as the third becomes a limited striker. Then, a choice between "Normal" or "Kizuna", which makes the battle a standard Vs, or the more vicious "cutthroat" battle where there are strict tag zones and the first death loses.

3. And of course, the standard 3 on 3 (or KOF mode) where all three characters get used. Members select their charaters order in secret, and they battle similar to the style of KOF '98. Hopefully, people will remember that Geese & Terry don't like each other.
smile.gif

I think if CvS2 played something like this, then it would be a game that would satisfy EVERYONE. Imagine what a Dreamcast version of a game like this would be like...
smile.gif

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Really... the EX character? Hmmm... Geese was a disappointment. Rugal is the same as always, tho'.
smile.gif

Geese a disappointment??? No pick up move nor ja ei ken in normal mode perhaps, but he's still great. Remember, he's mainly one to counter with, not the supreme attacker. I actually win rather a lot of vs matches in the arcade with him (and I do fight skilled players) and EX Benimaru, and you would be surprised at how effective only his counters and fireballs can be, especially his shippuken. His extra regular moves (uppercut, etc.) are great as well. If you want one bit of strategy, just hit your opponents with a lot of shippukens, crouching weak kicks and flying hard kicks (toward + HK) and you'll eventually force them into a guard crush, at which point you should just hit them with another short kcik or whatever for good measure, then immediately combo into a Deadly Rave. Try it. It works, and it's fun.

Rugal though I sort of agree with you on. Being based off his '98 incarnation, I don't find his comboability that great and the almighty Genocide Cutter got reduced to one pathetic hit, but he's still not too bad, albeit slow, just like two years ago. I won a lot with him as well before deciding to play more as Geese. Maybe next time he'll get back the drill DM as well.

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Here's another suggestion: Better music!! I could have sworn though that once, when I was playing in the arcade, I heard Terry's music on the train stage, and I had Terry & Ryo on my team, against Ryu & Zangief. The music could have come from one of the MVSes with KoF 2000, but it was perfectly timed with CvS so I think not. Anyhow the music generally is caca in CvS.

Mister Kunio

Crazed MVS Addict
Caca? You're calling the Final Fight stage music caca? ...just kidding....-_-;

Well, in the almighty DREAMCAST version, you can unlock a secret option that lets you choose between "Normal" music and "Original" music. Then the music changes to:
Outside the temple Ryu's SF2 music
In front of the statue Sagat's SF2 music
The back alley Stage 1 from Final Fight
Car Crash SF2 theme...ugh...
Train stage Terry's FF Special music
Dragon stage FF Pao Pao Cafe music
Takuma's Dojo Art of Fighting theme?
Outside the arcade KOF '94 theme
Shadoloo Base Bison's SF2 music
Geese Tower Geese's FF music!
Morrigan's Castle Her Darkstalkers theme
Snowy Hill Nakoruru's SS theme
Jungle w/statues Akuma's SSF2T theme

Yep. That game taught me that fighting to the tune of Final Fight's 1st level or the theme of King of Fighters '94 actually works! And DAMN, fighting Geese as the boss with his music playing gives me a nostalgic feel...even though I can't remember the last time I played Fatal Fury...

------------------
You can not escape from death.
geese.gif

D

DigiPunk

Have you guys ever noticed that most of the SNK characters are based off of KoF '94 and '95?, with EX versions being one year or the others moves?

Capcom did it that way so they could stretch the series out a little and make more money at it. The first one is just to wet our appetities.

They ditched some SNK characters moves so it would balance out with the few moves of Capcom characters (Although they did give Ken Sean's flip kick move).

Who knows what they'll do with the next one, but I hope they throw in some SF III characters in there (Elena and Ibuki!!)

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Something out of the ordinary about the MVS that had Terry's music playing, was that after I put in my money and hit start, what first came up was the game selection menu like in the Dreamcast version, to select from Arcade mode, Training mode, etc. It would not actually let me choose which mode I wanted to play, it was obviously set to pick Arcade mode on its own, but it seemed a little odd to me.

Maxim

Kabuki Klasher
I agree that they should ditch the whole point system thing. They should just make all of the characters equal,ie. Not some more powerful than others. And what about the Capcom art?? I thought it sucked ass, I think the SF2 art looks way better than that. Even though the game is a bit fun, I have much more fun playing KOF99.

Andy Is A Bastard

A Bastard, Andy Is,
When was the last time that Capcom managed to put great (if not just decent) music in one of their games? The last one I remember was War Agony(B.B. Hood in Vampior Savior) and I think that there were a few good ones in S.F.3. Also, anyone know where I can get mp3s of the KoF'95 hero team(funky Eska) and Rival team(storming sax)? I suppose that this post belongs in the unrelated or war room depatments, but this seemed as good a place as any.

------------------
How does it feel to be well done?...but I bet you taste terrible
end2.gif

Mister Kunio

Crazed MVS Addict
Bah. SF3 didn't have any tracks that stood out (minus Necro's 2nd Impact theme...heh heh) and I, for one (and only one), really liked the soundtracks to Capcom VS. SNK (Needle! NEEDLE!) and Street Fighter Alpha 3, particularly Adon, Sagat, Dan, Akuma and Cody's themes. I'm just a music junkie.

------------------
Anta no himei...kikase temorau wa!