Hey how does the PS2 version of KOF 2000 compare to the DC version?

ray_7

i'd say the PS2 version is superior, almost no loading time.

and whats better, iori has his b,b+B move but not in the DC version.

Sickliquid86

Galford's Armourer
KOF 2000 loox much better on the DC a lot less pixelated and I do not know what u r talking baout on load times cuz they r hardly noticeable on DC also the DC version has more stages.

Devil_Gans

Bu, ,
Most of the old BGs for the DC version have cut animations and that kof 95 stage was empty.The PS2 version was not even pixelated.In fact, it looks cleaner and slightly sharper than the DC one.The PS2 version also has no load times when you play the team play mode or any other mode.
Besides, the DC version's Iori has that b,b+ B move missing.It's intact for the PS2 version.Most importantly, the PS2 version does not have any frame rate problems.It plays fluidly.

<small>[ April 03, 2003, 08:35 PM: Message edited by: Devil_Gans ]</small>

Sickliquid86

Galford's Armourer
there rnt any framerate problems on the dc either. I didnt notice cut animationsin the ngs either but even if there were they are exclusives so :p Really it comes down to if u want iori's move get the ps2 one if u want extra stages get the dc one.

<small>[ April 03, 2003, 10:18 PM: Message edited by: Sickliquid86 ]</small>

Devil_Gans

Bu, ,
My copy of the DC version has some slowdowns especially in the aquarium stage and some of the old Bgs(kof 95 elevator stage) has it as well.I was playing the Vs mode with my friend the other day and we noticed it.Oh, and i forgot to mention that the PS2 port has some cool new strikers that weren't in the original or the DC port.DC port has some things the PS2 port didn't have and the PS2 port has some things that the DC port didn't have.I still prefer the PS2 port overall.At least Iori does not feel like he is missing something.
I wish playmore did a better job with the DC ports.SNK's DC KOF 99 evo port was amazing.KOF 2000(DC) was an OK port and 2001 was a good port but the sound effects for the 2k1 port were horrible.I hope they do a better job at porting 2k2 to the DC. :)

<small>[ April 04, 2003, 11:35 AM: Message edited by: Devil_Gans ]</small>