Hide - MVS bundle

master_d

n00b
It's been nearly 2 months since I sent payment for a lot of MVS carts sold by hide in this thread:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?239298-MVS-bundle-lot-for-Sale-CHEAP!&highlight=

but still have not received them. Hide supplied me with a tracking number, but there has been no activity on the package since 12/24/2012 when it said the package had been processed through a sorting facility in singapore. It would appear the package never left singapore and was either lost or stolen in transit. I have sent hide a pm on 1/29 and another one today trying to resolve this issue, but so far have not received a response. Is there anyone on here who might be able to reach him? At this point I just want to open up the lines of communication with him again and see if we can resolve this issue. I'm willing to wait another week or two for the package as long as we can come to an agreement on what will happen if the package never arrives.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
And just to let others know, this is not the first time Hide has had an issue with a buyer.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Get w/ USPS-your parcel *may* be stuck in customs.

I recently had a package arrive almost 2 mos late from HK...and up until the DAY it arrived last week, the tracking only reported it as 'received @ sorting facility'.

Hide has done many folks good deals in the past; but as kp says...this isn't his 1st bump in the road, either.

I really hope this shakes out well for you both.

master_d

n00b
wataru did USPS show that your package had at least arrived at a US sorting facility? Mine still shows the package as being in Singapore. I will contact them anyway to see if they have any additional info on it.

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Hide seems to have not been on for some time. I can vouch for him being a stand-up seller by my own experience though.

I bought my Shock Troopers MVS from him some time ago and it was taking a bit long to arrive so I asked him about it. He responded by saying that he sent another one to me and gave me a new tracking number. In the end I got both cartridges and I managed to convince him that I would sell the extra for him cause it would be more profitable/affordable for me to do it then him to get it sent back and be out the shipping cost. At this time I owe him $55 that I'm waiting to send him but since he hasn't been on I haven't had a chance to finalize this with him.

For what it's worth I think he does well by his sellers as of late.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Nowadays I try not to buy from overseas, because the quality of our customs has gone downhill ever since TSA got a hand in it.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
wataru did USPS show that your package had at least arrived at a US sorting facility? Mine still shows the package as being in Singapore. I will contact them anyway to see if they have any additional info on it.

No, it did not.

*That* is the crazy part! I was crestfallen; I took my tracking number to my local USPS office. Loaded it into my phone's browser. It showed arriving in a HK sorting facility on Jan 3, after being bought on Dec 31.

The clerk told me to use EMS instead of AirMail next time.

I was like, wtf good is this tracking, if we don't even know who is controlling the package?!?

He waved me on, after telling me I could try calling the Postmaster.

I consider Lenn my friend. I'm not just taking up for him based on that...I'm trying to give every international concern a little more slack, after my most recent customs scare.

It's a pickle tho...if we insure things for what they are worth, and call them anything other than 'gift' or 'commercial sample' customs is sure to hem the parcel up. If we declare a 5usd value on a box of carts, trying to beat the system-when something happens to go catastrophically wrong...we are assed out.

It's tough, this international game.

Please keep us posted!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
All I know is that lately, stuff from china is taking longer than usual. I don't know if it's due to weather or the post system is just overwhelmed with stuff to ship.

If it was a lot of carts it might have gone by surface unless he said exactly what service it went by.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
... *That* is the crazy part! I was crestfallen; I took my tracking number to my local USPS office. Loaded it into my phone's browser. It showed arriving in a HK sorting facility on Jan 3, after being bought on Dec 31.

The clerk told me to use EMS instead of AirMail next time.

I was like, wtf good is this tracking, if we don't even know who is controlling the package?!? ...

This is what usually happens. :mad:

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
International shipping can always take longer, 7 weeks without contact isn't great but hopefully it's just taking it's time :)

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Everything going over Singapore is slow as fuck, even EMS. Trust me, I just went through that shit about a month ago.

malignantpoodle

Robert Garcia's Butler
I ordered from Hide some time back and got things super fast.

I will say that it was difficult as fuck to communicate with Hide though. I even went into chat and had to talk to some people about how to handle the pending sale. There was even the impression left that Hide was shipping me other members' things for me to ship to them, which ended up not being what he was trying to say. Once the communication was worked out, the shipping was fine though.

Postage is slow right now because of Chinese New Year which was on the 10th. That doesn't explain a 2 month delay though. Hope it works out for you man.

master_d

n00b
hey thanks for all the info guys. It's good to hear that most people who have dealt with hide in the past have received their packages and have gotten ahold of him eventually. I will contact USPS after work and see if they have any more info on the package than what they are displaying on their site. If it was just one cart I wouldn't be all that concerned, but it's 12 carts I'm waiting for. I'll keep you guys updated.

Punisher5.0

Cheng's Errand Boy
About two months ago I did a $600 transaction with him and he came through. I would consider him trust worthy. IIRC, he was selling stuff to get ready for a move to a new house so that might be what the issue is. I haven't seen a post from him in quite a while.

master_d

n00b
Wow, finally tracking information for this package was updated.

"Your item arrived at 5:42 am on February 19, 2013 in MILWAUKEE, WI 53211. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later."

At first I thought I had entered the wrong tracking number since I've been checking this package for the better part of 2 months and nothing ever changed on it. The package must have been sent by surface for it to take this long, but hide has come through again just when things were beginning to look pretty bleak :)

Hide

Banned
Hey guys I'm here.
master_d - I read your pm and no worries if I were in a similar situation I would

It's just been crazy the chinese new year (I am Singaporean Chinese) and I'm embarking on a new auto garage business,
busy with the Kuwait KO Festival which just ended which my Team.DM boys went to.

IMO, i dont know what happened to the package. Maybe it was lost, maybe it was stuck.
I usually declare the items as low value so my custs didn't have to worry about impending taxes (if any)
People I have done business with before should know. Heh.

I cut terrific deals for my custs. Sometimes the post office fucks up, but Ima resolve it eventually for the buyers.

Replying in speed consistently is definitely not my forte. I apologise for that.

I will check back everyday on here for the next few days.

master_d - I will refund you the amount you have paid via paypal. No worries bro.
If you ever receive the package in future, then lemme know and send the $ back to me.
I have received your pm. I am not offended that you posted this. I understand bro that it's
been a long wait.

kidpanda - Yes this is not the first time. (thanks very much for highlighting that fact and not mentioning that we have done good business before)
The 1st time was with coryoon and it was about him receiving it late a package and
also the battery from the gunbird 2 pcb came off. I did refund him what it cost to fix the problem. If people are cool Ima be cool to them man.
This is a world where you can't treat people equally. At least, 10 years and counting on ng.com taught me that.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
kidpanda - Yes this is not the first time. (thanks very much for highlighting that fact and not mentioning that we have done good business before)The 1st time was with coryoon and it was about him receiving it late a package and
also the battery from the gunbird 2 pcb came off. I did refund him what it cost to fix the problem. If people are cool Ima be cool to them man.
This is a world where you can't treat people equally. At least, 10 years and counting on ng.com taught me that.

I do apologize for not mentioning that we have done well. I just like to take care of the people here first and foremost. I certainly meant not to harm your credibility.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
... master_d - I will refund you the amount you have paid via paypal. No worries bro.
If you ever receive the package in future, then lemme know and send the $ back to me.
I have received your pm. I am not offended that you posted this. I understand bro that it's
been a long wait. ....

Hey Hide, I think master_d received your package today. vvvvv

Wow, finally tracking information for this package was updated.

"Your item arrived at 5:42 am on February 19, 2013 in MILWAUKEE, WI 53211. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later."

At first I thought I had entered the wrong tracking number since I've been checking this package for the better part of 2 months and nothing ever changed on it.

The package must have been sent by surface for it to take this long, but hide has come through again just when things were beginning to look pretty bleak :)

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Lenn! Good to see you, my friend. I will consign again (as I did earlier in this thread) that Jan & Feb are a postal NIGHTMARE for Asian outbound parcels, and that you have done MANY great deals, w/ many members.

d- I think you and I just went thru the same thing: me w/ coin express as seller, you w/ Lenn. Sometimes these parcels are just held up. Mine was *definitely* kept & opened by customs. Curious to see if yours has been as well.

master_d

n00b
The package did arrive today as indicated by the post office. This is the first time I've ever had to wait this long for a package and that combined with the fact that I've never dealt with hide before spooked me a little... but in the end he delivered. I would buy from him again and feel more comfortable doing so the next time around.

Hide

Banned
Ahh i missed that post. D- got your pm about you receiving all the carts. Did they send it via surface? I asked and paid for fkin airmail bro. You can see the price tag slapped on the package.

Thanks tyranix.

Thanks wataru and punisher for standing up to my credibility here. Thanks to kidpanda too for the reply.
No offence, no worries.

_d - just let me know if they all work fine and all. I dont know what might happen to them after freaking 2 months.

I can now breathe a sigh of relief.

Lenn.