High Scores

Yuri-chan

Armored Scrum Object
Is there any way to save the high scores from Neo-Geo AES games?!? Everytime I turn off a game such as KOF '96, I lose all score information. I remember it didn't do that in the MVS versions of games i've played before. I don't own a memory card myself but I don't know if that would save them.

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
Memory Cards dont save scores you tool
they save progress etc

Yuri-chan

Armored Scrum Object
Well, I tried out a memory card to experiment with it. I put on KOF '96, and it only saved the progress of the team I lost playing against. It did nothing to save like high scores, difficulty level, control configurations, etc. It would've been nice if it did those things, I guess that wasn't areas of the game developers wanted to focus saving on. It's only purpose seems to be to continue games. :emb:

VGUG.COM

Crazed MVS Addict
Even the MVS carts loose the save after a short time of not being played. It is probably because the MVS carts had flash RAM in them to save the scores. Some saved longer than others.

My Bomberman has saved the scores since I got it and doesn't seem to reset at all no matter how long it is not played and un-plugged. Now my Blazing Star seems to hold scores for a week if not played. And I was pissed when Blazing Star reset on me, I had over 21 million and now the closest I can get is 19 million.....

So iguess the moral of this post is buy an MVS or MVS carts if you want your scores saved and play them a couple times a week so they dun get lost, or do it the old fashioned way and video tape your score (I remember psychoticaly recording the end to NAM-1975 when I finally beat the game)

TerryMathews

Mr. Big's Thug
MVS systems have that rechargable battery on board to save scores. It also has enough RAM to save 8 games.

When you play a game, it automatically goes to the top of the list. If it's one previously played, list moves down and game being played moves to the top. If it's a new one, it goes to the top and the bottom drops off (IE deleted).

You can tell from the service menu what game will be deleted if you insert a new one. It can be a pain getting a game you don't mind getting rid of to drop to the bottom.

I'm kinda suprised that the UNIBIOS doesn't have a "Save score state" and "Insert score state" feature. It could dump them to a memory card and that way you wouldn't have to worry about the MVS's lame memory structure.

Yuri-chan

Armored Scrum Object
One of my uncles from Mexico runs several Neo-Geo MVS arcades in many towns and villages including one in my grandmothers store. When I go, people are always playing Neo-Geo. What I remember was that it saved high scores except for KOF 2002 which only did it briefly. I thought that was wierd. I'm also thinking that some of the older MVS carts or the MVS board itself has some kind of back up RAM to save them. I guess the newer games don't support it. Either that or they're messed up.

iamyagami22 said:
This thread screams homosexuality.

I don't know how that could be. Maybe you don't want to see a girl post here. Forgive me for not being an active poster like many of you are. :rolleyes: Please be civil.

Last edited: