HNG 64 powered by a SC200 ac adapter

bwi

20 Year Member
Has the sc200 got enough juice to power the HNG 62 without melting a hole through the floor like a bleeding alien :)

Bri

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
I have one working with an SC200...

But Rugal2000 was having problems....

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
I have one working with an SC200...

James can give details I'm sure, but it might be the relay that's on there. The setup we were using has it removed and it's running flawless.

bwi

20 Year Member
Ill give it a whirl this weeekend and see how it goes

Cheers guys

bri

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
Sefer Halilović (Xian Xi --if you refuse to deal with him over a name change a mod will stab*;3042528 said:
What did you guys play? Buriki?

Dude it was great.

We went through everything... and ended on playing buriki.

Actually spent most of our time on the two Sam Sho games... lot of hidden gems and polished touches in those games.

Turned out awesome!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Isn't it weird playing a fighting game using the stick to attack?

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
well the stick I actually picked up on pretty quick I think... what was odd was more the buttons. Had to think opposite of everything you are used to.... that and the idea of moving in and out while controlling your balance with the stick was odd.

Awesome game but I couldn't stand a chance to his Akatsuki-Maru.
And Silber is pretty bad ass.

I hadn't played Wild Ambition before... that game handled amazing. Too bad the Sam Sho games don't handle that well.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
My guy is Sokolov, he's so easy to use and once you learn his chain throws and counters he's easily the best guy to use.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It gets really frustrating when 2 people that know how to wrestle play the game against each other. Fun but frustrating...lol

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I gave my hyper away after a couple of hours playtime. :emb:

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
me too. i don't remember wich rev it was but the hyper that i tested years ago did't seem to like the sc200 much.

last night i hooked up my 4 slot and when i turned it off after about 2 hours i noticed that the sc200 ran hot. i think i will try a 2 slot tonight and see what happens.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The SC200 can't power a 4 slot properly, you can get away with powering it playing small games but not huge meg games in each slot.

MKL ran a draw test:

4slotdraw.jpg

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
I gave my hyper away after a couple of hours playtime. :emb:

Ha.

I honestly don't see myself putting in a lot of time with buriki.
Wild Ambition handled pretty well and is one that I can see playing quite a bit...

The Sam Shos unfortunately handle not so well... but there is a lot of stuff in both of those games that just really make me step back and say 'awesome'.

But yeah, it's easy to say, especially with only 4 games (fighting), that the hyper is definitely not everyone's cup of tea.

IF ONLY they would have done a Last Blade on the hyper in 2D.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Yeah, I did really appreciate the 2D on the hyper, really nice.

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
Yeah, I did really appreciate the 2D on the hyper, really nice.

Yeah some of the stuff in the two Sam Shos seemed like they were done with a kind of "Hey we can do 3D, let's do 3D.... hey did you check out some of this 3D we did."

The 2D stuff, like the character select animations and such in Warriors Rage was phenomenal.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I wish they made a 2D game on the Hyper, would have looked damn sweet.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
excuse me OT but exist a aundio mod for Hyper 64 passive output stereo???

You can tap audio directly from the DAC chip on the Hyper. It uses the same kind as the MV1C, only difference is that there is 2 of them. I didn't get any audio from the left chip but I did from the right one so I tapped that one. Well that was on a rev1, rev2 may be different.