HOLY FUCKING JESUS...A NEW NECTARIS ~ MILITARY MADNESS game for all 3 consoles (DLC)

AirRaid

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Nectaris aka Military Madness is easily the best console turn-based strategy game ever made. It SHITS on Advance Wars in terms of addictiveness & actual fun, even though it's simpler.

At GDC, Hudson announced a new Military Madness game for Xbox 360 XBLA, PS3 PSN and Wii Ware.

IM FUCKING SPEACHLESS.

DAY ONE PURCHASE. DAY FUCKING ONE.

http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/2264/Military-Madness/p1/
http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=61262
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/16...-Madness-Comes-To-PSN-XBLA-WiiWare-16556.html
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/90425-Military-Madness-Remake-on-the-Way

MilitaryMAdness_03.jpg

MilitaryMAdness_02.jpg

I'm so totally fucking CUMMING all over my feet behind the grass!

Last edited:

Soniku

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
I'm not bashing it or anything, I barely know anything about the series, but man that game looks grey as hell.

Is grey the new brown?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Turn based strategies are well suited to consoles since you don't need the fine mouse precision of real time strategy games.

If this game is good, i'll be all over it for sure. The 360 is really lacking in good turn based strategies.

Scuz39

User title.,
Why do they still make turn based strategy games when Heroes of Might and Magic 3 has already been released? Seems pointless to make a bunch of also rans :P

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Great news, though for some reason the post was a buzzkill.

EDIT: Know what would be even better? A new Metal Marines.

Last edited:

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
I can't begin to count how many months me and my friends put into Military Madness back when it was new. Game was and still is amazing.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
Great news, though for some reason the post was a buzzkill.

EDIT: Know what would be even better? A new Metal Marines.

A new version of Metal Marines would be really cool. My friends and I used to play it against each other over modem back then.

AirRaid

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I can't begin to count how many months me and my friends put into Military Madness back when it was new. Game was and still is amazing.

Military Madness was and yes still indeed is amazingly fun, addictive and simple. The turn-based strategy is fast paced compared to many that came after it with slower, more complicated controls. MM was second only to the real-time strategy grand daddy Herzog Zwei on Genesis. I too myself put many months into both the original Military Madness and Neo Nectaris on the TurboDuo.

Last edited:

Hikaru Ichijyo

Thundercock,
I'm not bashing it or anything, I barely know anything about the series, but man that game looks grey as hell.

Is grey the new brown?

my thoughts as well

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_Madness

Takes place on the moon so gray/grey is the color of the day. To counter that they could have made the units more colorful and less drab looking, they barely stand out from the landscape.

I played the hell out of the first Military Madness game on TG-16. I picked up Nectaris on PS1 but never put much time into it. The unit fighting scenes are very similar to Advance Wars on GBA and Desert Commander on NES.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member

Is grey the new brown?

Gray is the space brown. I agree with Hikaru they definitely could have put some more color in the units. But I guess you can't have happy colors in war games.

Segata_Sanshiro

Tesse's Maintainence Man
15 Year Member
This game sux, original post is pretty obnoxious too. Why don't you watch that mouth son

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Camouflage anyone?

Not when the camouflage is only hiding them from me :lolz:

So then, tell me, when did you get to play it?

Isn't this a direct remake of the TG-16 version with new graphics + online multiplayer? Maybe he didn't like the original.

I might download it on wii vc and see what its like.

Last edited:

Segata_Sanshiro

Tesse's Maintainence Man
15 Year Member
So then, tell me, when did you get to play it?

Why does when matter? Anyway, I don't even remember, just that it was kinda boring. I'll try it again but damn, no videogame really merits that kind of reaction. You'd think you had just won the lottery. That's all I'm sayin'

Drifty

Banned
I wear black 'Roos, the ones with the zipper on them. Only pair of shoes you need.

duo_r

Armored Scrum Object
I loved Military Madness, and recently obtained Neo Nectaris (but haven't played it yet) for the PC Engine.

AirRaid

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Neo Nectaris on TurboDuo (aka Military Madness 2 on cellphones) is a good game. Not as good as the original, but still much better than any of the Advance Wars games.