Home Circuit Board Printer on Kickstarter - for Arcade Stuff?

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
So I've been watching this Kickstarter for a while and I figured I would highlight it before it wraps up just in case someone wanted to grab it at the discounted rate. Utilizing anything like this is well beyond my technical knowhow, but it seems like something some of the members around here would be able to make use of. You bastards are brilliant.

What are the chances something like this could come in handy for developing arcade gear?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/voltera/voltera-your-circuit-board-prototyping-machine

photo-original.png

Last edited:

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
I can see it saving a lot of time for a few ppl working on prototype boards and getting the design down before sending it out for production. With the cost of materials and time it is not a good tool to produce actual finished runs on.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
cool concept, I hope this takes off and they improve the design

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Really neat tool! I'd love to back it and get a unit myself, but the $1,500 entry fee is just too much to justify for my purposes. Get that thing down to $500 and I'll start to be tempted!

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Actually pretty cool but a bit to pricey.

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Yeah my thoughts as well. There's no doubt that if this takes off the price will drop considerably, just like 3D printing stuff. One thing that's pretty interesting is how they handle multiple layered circuits. Really smart stuff here.