Homemade protein drink recipes?

Hecker

Mizuki's Demon
I just got a mixer and was wondering if any of you know of some protein drink recipes. I've been working out for the past couple of weeks but I'm not a big meat eater and I have a feeling that perhaps I'm not getting enough protein in my diet.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Be careful with some. Too much peanut butter and fruits in some protein drinks aren't really that great for you. Too much sugar. Whatever you do, make sure you have some carbs in there, too. I just buy the powders and mix those with milk, but my favorite thing to eat after a workout is just tuna outta the can. I really really hate tuna, but a large can will over 55 or so grams of protein. Eat some rice or a sandwhich with it, and you've got enough carbs and protein to make your workout worth while.

Hecker

Mizuki's Demon
Thanks guys but are there any "natural" ingredients I could use instead of the powders?

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Natural? Eggs are good, but can be a bit high in fat with the yellows. Peanut butter really doesn't have as much protein as people seem to think. Tuna is the best thing to put in there, but god knows it'll taste like shit.

Hecker

Mizuki's Demon
Spike Spiegel said:
Natural? Eggs are good, but can be a bit high in fat with the yellows. Peanut butter really doesn't have as much protein as people seem to think. Tuna is the best thing to put in there, but god knows it'll taste like shit.

I can't fathom putting tuna in a drink. :kekeke: Allright, so I'm thinking of blending some chocolate flavoured soy milk+2 or 3 eggs+some Spirulina (powdered seaweed).