horizontal shift?

HitokiriRyu

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member
I was playing KOF and I noticed that about one inch of the right side of my screen was squished. It appears that my monitor only has a horizontal phase shift and not an actual horizontal screen shift. The problem is that the phase shift only moves the game video horizontally and not the actual screen image. I was wondering if anyone knows how I can manually shift the screen right. I have been reading tons of help guides with no reference as to how to actually get the screen picture to shift. If you need to see a picture of the issue I will take one.

Also, the monitor is a Hantarex Polo/2 monitor.

HitokiriRyu

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member
Since I haven't received any help, I will try to show you waht the crosshatch pattern looked like. Hopefully, this will give someone an idea of what I'm having an issue with and maybe someone will know the answer on how to fix this. If I continue to adjust the horizontal phase, the image will continue to collapse on itself.
issue.jpg

HitokiriRyu

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member
I did some more looking around online and believe this may be an issue called "folding".

Last edited:

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
You have a horizontal linearity problem (not shift or phase related)

According to the schematic the Polo is fitted with an adjustable horizontal linearity coil, its component reference is L109, it is in series with the horizontal deflection yoke.

It should be situated close to the deflection yoke plug/socket. To adjust use a non metalic alignment tool.

HitokiriRyu

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member
I believe I have found the issue. There was a resistor on one of the sub circuit boards of the monitor chassis with a broken lead. Hopefully there's a local shop that has a 39kOhm resistor available.

HitokiriRyu

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member
Thank you for your reply ttooddddyy. If the resistor doesn't fix the issue, I'll look at the linearity coil next. I appreciate the help.

HitokiriRyu

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member
I tried adjusting everything that could be adjusted, and nothing worked.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Did you try adjusting L109 (hor linearity coil), was the ferrite core in place ??

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
What happens if you put a metalic screwdriver adjacent to the coil, or in the core ? Do not keep it there for long, it may get hot !

HitokiriRyu

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member
Here is an image of the chassis with the arrow pointing at the coil, I'm not sure if I adjusted it properly. The only part I could find on it that actually moved was a small cylindrical piece on the side that was attached to the coil casing and nothing on the actual coil itself.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45165870@N05/4152233543/

Last edited:

HitokiriRyu

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member
I tried the screwdriver, and it only seems to make the width of the image slightly wider.