Hotel Dusk reprint! About time.

dark penguin

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
Hotel Dusk is now part of the Touch Generations(LOL?)sub label.

OK, so the cover is pretty hideous. But $19.99? I missed it the first time around, so I'm definitely on board. The touch generations website doesn't show the new cover but I saw it in the store today and they added a bright orange banner to the top of the cover art with the TG tag.

Just the other day I was thinking of how much I wanted to play this game, and how it was nowhere to be found(except ebay ($$$$$)).

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Hotel Dusk is now part of the Touch Generations(LOL?)sub label.

OK, so the cover is pretty hideous. But $19.99? I missed it the first time around, so I'm definitely on board. The touch generations website doesn't show the new cover but I saw it in the store today and they added a bright orange banner to the top of the cover art with the TG tag.

Just the other day I was thinking of how much I wanted to play this game, and how it was nowhere to be found(except ebay ($$$$$)).

Yes, this game and Club House Games got new releases with a lower price. I picked up Club House Games on Monday and plan to pick up Hotel Dusk. I hope they release Tetris DS again as well.

dark penguin

Yes, this game and Club House Games got new releases with a lower price. I picked up Club House Games on Monday and plan to pick up Hotel Dusk. I hope they release Tetris DS again as well.

Good news...Tetris DS actually did get a reprint recently. My local Walmart has it for its original MSRP($35 or so?), and they didn't change the box art at all. Looks just like the original release, unless I'm missing a small detail or two.

I'm probably going to pick up Hotel Dusk today...I love the "mystery novel" type game, and was a big fan of Trace Memory. Cing definitely have a unique style and atmosphere to their games.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Good news...Tetris DS actually did get a reprint recently. My local Walmart has it for its original MSRP($35 or so?), and they didn't change the box art at all. Looks just like the original release, unless I'm missing a small detail or two.

I'm probably going to pick up Hotel Dusk today...I love the "mystery novel" type game, and was a big fan of Trace Memory. Cing definitely have a unique style and atmosphere to their games.

I will have to keep an eye out for Tetris then. My wife just finished Trace Memory and loved it, so I was going to grab her Hotel Dusk. I read it is by the same team and it much better, so it should be pretty good.

dark penguin

I will have to keep an eye out for Tetris then. My wife just finished Trace Memory and loved it, so I was going to grab her Hotel Dusk. I read it is by the same team and it much better, so it should be pretty good.

It certainly is by the same team(Cing)...it's been called a "spiritual sequel", and a lot of the art direction that I've seen is very reminiscent.

So, yea...I'll be picking it up too. I was definitely asleep at the wheel when it first got released, and it got scarce pretty quick.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
I loved this game, but the replay value was somewhat dubious.... you got to enter an extra room on the 2nd playthrough, which gave you one new graphic at the end of the game, but there was no 'memory room' to check out the graphics you've unlocked, so I didn't really see the point. Still, very challenging, mature gritty story, and excellent character designs.

dark penguin

I loved this game, but the replay value was somewhat dubious.... you got to enter an extra room on the 2nd playthrough, which gave you one new graphic at the end of the game, but there was no 'memory room' to check out the graphics you've unlocked, so I didn't really see the point. Still, very challenging, mature gritty story, and excellent character designs.

I just picked up the reprint and I am really enjoying it. I can see this having about as much replay value as Trace Memory...meaning, if I leave it for a few months and then try it again, I've probably forgotten enough that it will be enjoyable.

It's like reading a book multiple times, I suppose...not something you would want to do back to back, but if there is enough time between readings it works out pretty well.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
*bump*

Just started playing this.

I like it a lot.

The 2D visuals are excellent.

Too bad it's not all like that...

Story is slow to start but picks up nicely.

Got stuck at the beginning with the chalk/pen puzzle for the longest time.

For whatever reason, I totally ate up the puzzle you solve with Melissa in her room and you have to close your DS to flip it over to read the back.

Very simple little trick but very damn cool.

Games like this are an excellent alternative to reading before bed.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
I'm late to the party on this one too, but I'm really enjoying it like everyone else. I like how they got the late 70s thing too. Going to a hotel at that era in California certainly evokes a vibe all its own, and it fits really well.

Makes me really look forward to Again, the new game by the same team.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
My wife just finished this and really enjoyed it. I think she put in around 15 or so hours.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
I'm late to the party on this one too, but I'm really enjoying it like everyone else. I like how they got the late 70s thing too. Going to a hotel at that era in California certainly evokes a vibe all its own, and it fits really well.

Makes me really look forward to Again, the new game by the same team.

Fook man, I'm on board. Is it still gonna be on the DS? Trace Memory got a sequel but it's Wii only.

DeadPixels

Beast Buster
Glad to hear it. Hotel Dusk is one of my favorite games in recent memory. Though I've had my copy since it was released I'm happy to hear that more people will be able to experience this game.