How do you store your bits?

poodude

B. Jenet's Firstmate
As anyone who is into arcade stuff has probably discovered, you end up with a lot of bits laying around. You know... connectors, sleeves, buttons, ball tops, pcb feet, screws, etc.

I recently came up with a solution using a series of tubes (like the internet), that are labeled so I can easily find things.
IMAG1166.jpg
I end up putting all my ball tops together in baggies so they don't scratch, and all my buttons go in another bag.

How do you store these things?

I play hide the bits with mine. I find that if my stash is hidden around the house, when I need some PCB feet or something it's like a game within a game.

EllertMichael

Mickey's Coach
As anyone who is into arcade stuff has probably discovered, you end up with a lot of bits laying around. You know... connectors, sleeves, buttons, ball tops, pcb feet, screws, etc.

I recently came up with a solution using a series of tubes (like the internet), that are labeled so I can easily find things.
View attachment 17969
I end up putting all my ball tops together in baggies so they don't scratch, and all my buttons go in another bag.

How do you store these things?

That's all fine and well, but now where do you store your POGS? :scratch:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Parts-Station-Plastic-Frame-Storage-Cabinet---39-Drawer--Blank-_20090711405.jpg

i just use something like this

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Plastic parts bins like Cdamn and kuze.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Glad to see those stickers again Wataru! I was just thinking of them earlier strangely enough. Found a ton more where those came from :buttrock:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Glad to see those stickers again Wataru! I was just thinking of them earlier strangely enough. Found a ton more where those came from :buttrock:

😄
I love a good coinkydink.

Thanks again for the omake, and the lead on the 2L12B that helped me daioh, tadashii-o.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Same here. It could be m ore organized though.

Crush Roller

Rugal's Thug
Parts-Station-Plastic-Frame-Storage-Cabinet---39-Drawer--Blank-_20090711405.jpg

i just use something like this

Yeah I have four of those stacked ontop of each over and screwed to a wall, these are used to store screws, caps, resistors, 74 series Ic`s and all other components. Larger items like buttons, micro switches, jamma adaptors and harnesses are in boxes on a bookcase. Arcade boards are kept in four large plastic storage crates. I live in a one bedroom flat with seven arcade machines though so space is a bit of a premium lol.