How shitty is iTunes for Windows?

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
I'm dangerously close to installing it.

Will it completely fuck over the rest of my computer? I have CCCP with MPC, and it's freakin' sweet.

I hear iTunes is more unstable than Charles Manson on crack, too.

What's pushing me over the edge is that Lucha Underground is on iTunes, and I really want to watch it. Yeah, I could get ShitTube or 720p torrents, but I don't mind paying for it. I like LU a lot.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
It will destroy your hdd and email any dick pictures you've ever taken to your closest relatives. Install at your own risk.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
lol, iTunes is fine on PC/Windows, I've been using it for years...do a little research before you make dumb threads, lol.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
Alpha, just get an Apple TV or an iPad, iTunes for windows just fucking blows, its not updated nearly as much as the mac version.

Or find a torrent.

Edit: It won't hose your computer; its just really... fucking slow, and they almost never keep it up to date with the OSX version.

Last edited:

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
its not going to fuck up your PC but it sucks

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
It sucks in its native OS environment, cannot imagine using it in Windows. Even Apple-heads usually regard this as a weak point in the mother ship's arsenal.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
lol, WTF are you people on? Seriously? Well...maybe it's me, I just use iTunes to back my phone up and manage my iPod Classic. I don't buy music on iTunes, all my music comes from importing CDs and some old MP3s from back in the day.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
Thanks, everyone.

If the worst it's going to do is be slow, then so be it. As long as it doesn't bitch too much about running at startup, try to integrate itself too much into Windows, things like that, then I should be okay. I just want to run the program once a week to watch Lucha Underground.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Other than updating the damn thing, I don't see it causing you any grief.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
it's slightly more shitty than itunes on windows. If you own an iOS device, you should still install it.
iTunes and other bloatware will be the end of Apple. I think 90% of my iPhone is useless apple shit now.

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
I only installed iTunes on my computer just to upload music to my old iPod.

If you don't need it to sync any Apple product, just torrent your show. If you're gritting down and installing it, just take all the file associations away from it.

...or consider getting an iOS device like everyone mentioned.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I have spent time organizing my library. Sometimes albums don't wanna group together under the same artist but under "Get Info" you can change anything about any given album, it's really great.

For Example OSTs, I have them sorted under Developer first and Game second, so all Megamans and SF OSTs go under Capcom. Fuck grouping that by composers and all that stupid shit.

Also 2 disc albums, I group them under one file so it shows both discs under on album instead of separate albums for each disc, which happens a lot.

Genre is also something, specially with Metal when there's a bunch of sub-genres. I prefer the album view in tiles. Looks good and easy to go through. I only have like 120GB worth of music so it's not a ton but it was definitely homework...it was all worth it in the end. I preffer I-tunes over WMP.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Since Winamp can manage an iPod, I have no reason to install iTunes.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
I have spent time organizing my library. Sometimes albums don't wanna group together under the same artist but under "Get Info" you can change anything about any given album, it's really great.

For Example OSTs, I have them sorted under Developer first and Game second, so all Megamans and SF OSTs go under Capcom. Fuck grouping that by composers and all that stupid shit.

Also 2 disc albums, I group them under one file so it shows both discs under on album instead of separate albums for each disc, which happens a lot.

Genre is also something, specially with Metal when there's a bunch of sub-genres. I prefer the album view in tiles. Looks good and easy to go through. I only have like 120GB worth of music so it's not a ton but it was definitely homework...it was all worth it in the end. I preffer I-tunes over WMP.

I do a lot of that with iTunes myself, I also use it to manage my audiobooks; but I think most of us were advising the OP under the assumption that they didn't need all that just to watch a show.

Since Winamp can manage an iPod, I have no reason to install iTunes.

Yeah, thats the program I hear a lot about from Windows users.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
iPods are trash, unless you have a very old one.

I use a Fiio that can handle just about any format you throw at it, and I recently reripped my entire CD collection as flac.

One of these days I'm going to get a Sony HAP S1 and put my entire collection on it, never using my computer for music again.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I used winamp before on MP3 stuff before I had iTunes, I liked it a lot 'cause you could customize it. Once I got ITunes I just had no reason to back to anything else.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
I've spent alot of time on dated computers and itunes can be a bitch as it seems to use alot of resources and really bogs everything else down. I'm not positive if that's still a issue as my pc is relatively powerful now, But I did in the past hate itunes on windows.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I had set up an older Optiplex at my mom's house. Just a shitty PC that runs Win 10 without issue and she can use for email/browsing. We bought her an iPhone for Xmas last year, and iTunes ground that fucking thing to a halt. I bought her a $100 iTunes card to rebuy the music she was trying to rip via the phone, and uninstalled that shit.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I thought about going back to iPhone once it's time for me to ditch my current phone (Galaxy S5... hell it's past time already), but I don't think I can go back to apple's interface.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
itunes was one reason to switch to android.

To be fair the newer phones, you don't need to sync them with a computer. Even if you do use iTunes, if you get Match you can just upload your music from the computer to Apple, and it lets you selectively download or stream it from your phone.

Though TBH, if I listened to music on the go more often, I would just get a dedicated mp3 player just for that.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I'm not an apple fanboy but I love my iPhone and iPod, haven't gotten a iPad...I dunno, maybe someday but I just don't need it, I have a ASUS tablet, surfs the web, play some games, it's android so emulation is great with Bluetooth, I think I'm all set.