How to spot a fake MVS

aluisi

Geese's Thug
I was wondering on how you spot a fake MVS game. I finaly after years got a one slot mvs cab. Now I am buying games like crazy. I want to know how to spot a fake mvs game. I want if its posable to get all origanl games. Also when the serial numbers are scrached off of the lable on a mvs game what does that mean? Also I just got a puzzle bobble off of ebay now my cart is black but I notice that all the others are white. Was this game made with a black case or just a white. one more question does metal slug X only come in a blue case I have seen one green one. Thanks guys

aluisi

Sundance

Sho's Rival
1st off, Congrats on the Cab. Owning a cab is a pleasure all its own. I can't imagine playing 1/2 teh MVS's i have w/o my Red 4 slotter. On to your questions:

This sites a good starter to learning about Bootlegs:

http://www.jamma.nl/gallery/

..and its helped me in the past. I'd also suggest you search teh forums, specifally Tech support and General Discussion for old threads since these questions pop up about once a month.

I seem to remember sompin on the forums, in the near past, re: Serial Numbers being scratched off. I think it has something to do w/ where they were originally bought and vendors scratching them off to change the actual value of them...(i could be wrong).

As to the color of carts, most seem to come in multiple colors and even sometimes Clear or See-thru blue. The white carts, from my understanding, were originally rentals in Japan. Vendors would rent these carts, like movies from Blockbuster, and put them in there arcades. Seeing as how the original price of these carts can be as high as $2000, rental was a far cheaper route.

I'm not sure about your Metal Slug X since i myself don't have one. Good luck and welcome to the forums!

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
aluisi said:
I was wondering on how you spot a fake MVS game. I finaly after years got a one slot mvs cab. Now I am buying games like crazy. I want to know how to spot a fake mvs game. I want if its posable to get all origanl games. Also when the serial numbers are scrached off of the lable on a mvs game what does that mean? Also I just got a puzzle bobble off of ebay now my cart is black but I notice that all the others are white. Was this game made with a black case or just a white. one more question does metal slug X only come in a blue case I have seen one green one. Thanks guys

aluisi

Also when the serial numbers are scrached off of the lable on a mvs game what does that mean?

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90519&highlight=Scratched+Serial+Numbers

aluisi

Geese's Thug
So

Thanks every one for your answers. It help alot and I now know lots about the boot leg carst and about the frude on ebay. So one more question for you all. Was Capcom Vs. Snk Caos ever produced by snk playmore as a mvs cart?

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
aluisi said:
Was Capcom Vs. Snk Caos ever produced by snk playmore as a mvs cart?

Yes...PCB & MVS. Information concerning official releases can be found in the Master List.

Ghudda

New Challenger
Ultra thread resurrection!
If a cart has the "SNK Warranty" Seal, does it guarantee that the cart is legit? Surely you can lift the seal without breaking it and alter the insides, but do people put fake warranty seals on boots?

Example:
-1711552615132880041.jpg

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Ultra thread resurrection!
If a cart has the "SNK Warranty" Seal, does it guarantee that the cart is legit? Surely you can lift the seal without breaking it and alter the insides, but do people put fake warranty seals on boots?

Example:
View attachment 16571

I am not positive (never tried it) but it seems that those gray stickers are the kind that if you peel it leave the word "void" written in glue and goo in the cart like this:

02_6.jpg

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

Never seen a sealed boot, but if unsure cut it and check.

Ghudda

New Challenger
I am not positive (never tried it) but it seems that those gray stickers are the kind that if you peel it leave the word "void" written in glue and goo in the cart like this:

02_6.jpg

Ah man, just the sight of that makes me cringe. :eek_2:

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member

02_6.jpg

Remind me of Gamedude sticker..........