How's this for a horrible button layout!

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
NewAstroPanel1.jpg

:lolz:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
That was probably a 3 button panel CP to begin with given the 1P bottom row. Seems to me like this person was bent on playing Neo, I think that's why he added a select button at top, or it could be a credit/coin button, either way I think it's horrible.

I know lots of folks go for the 7 button setups, hell even Taito did on their new CPs but damn it I just don't like it. Actually, come to think of it the vewlix 7 button setups are kinda cool when the 7th hole is plugged 'cause the CPO art surrounds it like the rest of the buttons.

When it comes to Astros I just simply swap a few quick disconnects trun my wrist slightly inward and I'm playing 4 buttons style no problem, but I think I started getting used to that when I started playing atomiswave games and playing them on a 6 button panel with the 4th button plugged. It works awesome!

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
I know lots of folks go for the 7 button setups, hell even Taito did on their new CPs but damn it I just don't like it. Actually, come to think of it the vewlix 7 button setups are kinda cool when the 7th hole is plugged 'cause the CPO art surrounds it like the rest of the buttons.

Yea, I'm not a fan of those setups either but definitely not the worst button layout I've ever seen.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Real men have closets full of CPs and harnesses for every game style!!!

I'm gonna drill me an MK Astro CP, I might even throw a couple dragon stcikers on it in order to keep it real!

Can I get a motherfucking Halleluya!?!

childsremix

Overtop Pathfinder
Real men have closets full of CPs and harnesses for every game style!!!

I'm gonna drill me an MK Astro CP, I might even throw a couple dragon stcikers on it in order to keep it real!

Can I get a motherfucking Halleluya!?!

If you seriously do this you must post pics! I'd be interested to see where you place the run button.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Dude, I was joking. Just use the fifth button as the run button and you're all set.

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
Personally I am a huge fan of well done 7 button setups, perfect for both MVS and Capcom games.. But this layout is just taking the piss.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Really now? Care to explain to me the difference between a 7 button panel and a CMVS?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Nothing really, just wondering from previous posts of yours.

Last edited:

Lite

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I'd have to say this definitely looks more comfortable than any Konami control panel I've seen, but if you're comfortable you're probably not hardcore.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Does it look like a bunch of nonsense? Yes, but it serves a purpose. Lord knows it's not pretty to look at. I'd rather just have one dedicated layout and be done with it.