I finished today...

chinitosoccer

Camel Slug
Nice work on the PSU!

I worked on all three of my sega monitors today. Minor adjustments for screen / focus, gain / cutoff, geometry, and corner convergence with some yoke tabs. Took about 5 hours to do all three cabs, mostly time spend disassembling net cities and pulling the monitor from my blast.

I should have taken before/after pics. The corners on my blast were SO bad. One side looked like it had a pincushion issue the corners were so far out. After 3 yoke tabs and some service menu love she's looking great.

Where did you get the strips? permalloy strips?

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
Finally got around to playing Top Hunter last night. Holy fuck, I fell in love with the game like half way through the first stage. I'll be playing this for the next few weeks.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Finished this Simpsons cab this morning, took a month to get the side art but it was worth the wait This old game does top notch work. Had to rebuild monitor, lights, joysticks etc. took a lot of bondo, sanding, and cleaning but looks pretty sharp now.
85f5e717ba2802b10358103f8b6e0d15.jpg
3b42cb79f5843ea3df3c3d99c8621226.jpg
61a1c92ab4b2e8a6d6fabc72c2e3b7b8.jpg
03f2aec8aa328356dcc1ab6b40e0d7d5.jpg
66f9c5d47e0790be455b755488022f16.jpg

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
love it ! so bright and colorful , and the game is fun too of course . excellent work !

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
I finished today...setting up this fancy jammacon console adapter I bought a few weeks back. RBG modded a top loader and hooked it up today for some NES on NAC action, pretty sweet indeed...

20160627_222512.jpg

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Wow Westcb, you really did that Simpsons Cabinet justice. I remember when you could find that cabinet at just about every corner store and laundrymat.

Last edited:

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Built a Cave-wich! Laser cut and etched acrylic, built in rubber feet.

I used to make these out of fiberboard, but wanted something classier looking. Perfect for the supergun setup, or quickly swapping in and out of cabs. Now to make a few more for the other Cave boards.

Edit: A couple people have shown some interest in snagging one of these. Let me know and maybe I can gather a few kits together.

Edit 2: Made a V2 after doing some tests. I'll get pics and put up a thread in the market in the next week or so.

Attachments

• CaveWich2.jpg
    CaveWich2.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 226
  • CaveWich.jpg
    CaveWich.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:

NeoGeoFanatic

Neo Geo Cup '98
Finished this Simpsons cab this morning, took a month to get the side art but it was worth the wait This old game does top notch work. Had to rebuild monitor, lights, joysticks etc. took a lot of bondo, sanding, and cleaning but looks pretty sharp now.

Amazing work. Congrats on the restore.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,

I used to make these out of fiberboard, but wanted something classier looking. Perfect for the supergun setup, or quickly swapping in and out of cabs. Now to make a few more for the other Cave boards.

Edit: A couple people have shown some interest in snagging one of these. Let me know and maybe I can gather a few kits together.

That's pretty slick.

West

Mr. Big's Thug

Really nice. I love the etching on the plexi. I've done something like this in the past for a few boards but the rubber feet, rounded corners, and etching are really choice. I'd grab one if you made more.

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Really nice. I love the etching on the plexi. I've done something like this in the past for a few boards but the rubber feet, rounded corners, and etching are really choice. I'd grab one if you made more.

Thanks man, got you on the list. :)

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Sad to see this thread so quiet...

I put together a codecrank inspired spinner panel for my burasturu city. Ended up having to replace the optic board on the spinner; thankfully happ's "red board" for their trackballs worked fine.

spinner2.jpg

spinner1.jpg

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
nice ! what game is what spinner from ?? never seen one of those.

Zak

WWJCVDD?,
Finished a Taito Canary restore recently :)

Main body:

TnHf3aU.jpg

pDOPLrO.jpg

e7nvjUC.jpg

Monitor:
This originally came with a horribly burnt tube - The Toei chassis was also the most complicating looking chassis I'd seen - wasn't happy with the picture.
imported a Nanao 25" tube and paired it with an MS9. The results are lovely.

pbly2fU.jpg

Luckily the MS9 fit very nicely in the chassis mounting space:

tBgOGsD.jpg

USOocYn.jpg

fFRSwzJ.jpg

Zak

WWJCVDD?,
Rotate mech in all its glory!:

MEi3Lkc.jpg

Monitor picture:

346LKum.jpg

3WX4Vqu.jpg

PZiPbW2.jpg

Control Panel with MS9 remote board:

0OTxZRx.jpg

Very happy to have the original marquee holder!

ADcBB35.jpg