I REALLY need a famicom ac adapter

Dio Brando

Mickey's Coach
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Doesn't matter the condition it is in, and I would much prefer an actual nintendo one over a third party one. For those who don't know, the NES ac adapters don't work with the famicom, so I cannot use them.

Many thanks!

JLukas

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
AFAIK, Super Famicom uses the same AC adapter as the Famicom, and a Genesis model 1 AC adapter will work with a Super Famicom. Maybe someone here with both a Genesis 1 and Famicom can confirm if they're the same specs?

Dio Brando

Mickey's Coach
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
mblvshj sent me a PM and said the same thing about the genesis 1 adapter, and I was able to insert the adapter in the famicom. I also found that their adapter properties, while not exact, are somewhat close. Regardless, I am still a little concerned. Is there anybody who has successfully done this? The last thing I want to do is set my famicom aflame.:D

Thank you very much for your input, dudes!

1980te72

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
it uses a 10v 850miliamp power pack. i can make one for you if you need one using a genesis 2 power supply. the genesis 2 is the same power out put(minus the polarity, but that can be reversed when the cable is swapped over). heres a picture of a actual famicom ac that i own.

100_3957.jpg

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
You can safely use a gen1 power supply. I've used it on my av famicom and it works just fine.

Dio Brando

Mickey's Coach
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Well, crap...

I realized something sort of funny last night. I tried using the genesis 1 adapter last night, but I could not get my famicom to work. I was sure I was doing everything I could, flipping the channel switch in the back as I went through the channels it is supposed to work on, on us televisions. At first I was starting to fear the worst, that the famicom might be broken, but I think I have an unusual situation on my hands.

I believe I found info online saying that the very first famicom will not work at all on a us television. The first famicom had square, rubbery buttons instead of the circular, hard buttons that are more commonly found. The square button famicom had several bugs and issues with its motherboard and controllers, so Nintendo recalled the system. As of result, it is the rarest version of the famicom out there and is also the one I have.

l_7307775cac1847afbc4d6d028f129eba.jpg

Good news: I have a somewhat hard to find system, which is pretty sweet

Bad news: Due to its technical flaws I am pretty sure I am going to have to buy another famicom, unless someone knows that I actually can use the first famicom on a us television. Even then, it would probably mean there is a problem with the famicom itself.

At least it I can buy a famicom with an adapter this time!

Again, thank you for all of your advice and offers, everybody!