I received today...

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member

Or this

PULSTAR.jpg

jon713

Camel Slug
Got these last week, KI2 and finally a Neo 4 slotter both in great condition.

erlj4j.jpg

9h74mq.jpg

30tp7x2.jpg

Last edited:

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Got these last week, KI2 and finally a Neo 4 slotter both in great condition.

erlj4j.jpg

9h74mq.jpg

30tp7x2.jpg

I don't know whether to hump the screen or to hate you for fulfilling a childhood dream of mine of owning both KI's.

Seriously. Congrats man :)

poodude

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Not sure why a picture of solid colour buttons on a CP would change my mind about preferring solid colour buttons on a cab?

Those meshball tops look great, though. I've got them on my Egret as well :D
F8N0I8I.jpg
I agree with the solid tops and buttons, they do look better. More classic/Elegant/substantial somehow. I wish seimitsu had more colour options. I don't like the sensitivity of sanwas because I play a lot of shooters and hover my fingers over the buttons. Don't want to misfire bombs, etc.

I see seimitsu has the short barrel ps-15s in deep pink/magenta and violet. I'd probably go that route if any store online had some stock
of them. :'(

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
I went with the Dark Halo mesh on my original E2 as it matches the pattern on the CPO. I went with the theme of the cab.

EllertMichael

Mickey's Coach
I went with the Dark Halo mesh on my original E2 as it matches the pattern on the CPO. I went with the theme of the cab.

That was my aim as well. Most of the time I prefer the way stock colours look on cabs, but the E2 is an exception. The Sanwa Violet and Dark Blue make no sense to me with that panel.

Another angle:
Spoiler:
lBD52Jd.jpg

LS-56-01's (octo gates)
Sanwa LB-35-M "MeshBall" Dark Hai
Sanwa OBSF-30 White rim/Dark Hai button
Seimitsu PS-14-D Black rim/Green button

The Dark Hai mesh balltops I'd seen before on an E2 and that was a no brainer. They look custom made for that panel. The green start buttons to bring out that little bit of green on the CP for the Egret II logo. Then after serious consideration I went with the Sanwa Dark Hai button with the white rims. I wasn't sure if I was going to like them or not, but in person they look pretty cool. My rationale being they are a shade of gray in between the meshball and the actual panel, so I felt the white rims would help break up the different shades of gray, while accenting the white lines in the actual panel.

They are kinda sensitive, though. Not terrible but I've definitely misfired bombs using them before.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
That was my aim as well. Most of the time I prefer the way stock colours look on cabs, but the E2 is an exception. The Sanwa Violet and Dark Blue make no sense to me with that panel.

Another angle:
Spoiler:
lBD52Jd.jpg

LS-56-01's (octo gates)
Sanwa LB-35-M "MeshBall" Dark Hai
Sanwa OBSF-30 White rim/Dark Hai button
Seimitsu PS-14-D Black rim/Green button

The Dark Hai mesh balltops I'd seen before on an E2 and that was a no brainer. They look custom made for that panel. The green start buttons to bring out that little bit of green on the CP for the Egret II logo. Then after serious consideration I went with the Sanwa Dark Hai button with the white rims. I wasn't sure if I was going to like them or not, but in person they look pretty cool. My rationale being they are a shade of gray in between the meshball and the actual panel, so I felt the white rims would help break up the different shades of gray, while accenting the white lines in the actual panel.

They are kinda sensitive, though. Not terrible but I've definitely misfired bombs using them before.

I think that looks good too...if Bret Hart owned an E2...this is what his would look like.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Just going to derail a bit further. I agree that the dark blue looks a bit odd on Egret2, but in some pics the violet looks good, and in others (like yours) the CP looks more pinkish.
Maybe there are different hues of the panel. I think there are 2 or 3 different revisions of the Egret2, so it would make sense. Hell, the blast city has 3 widely varying colorways. Anyway, here’s a pic showing what I meant, I’ll have to see one in person some day (lock your windows):

34g0h3l.jpg

Last edited:

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
That could be a repro overlay with a slightly different hue like you say. I'm not seeing the og silver semi-metallic portions on it, just looks plain white. Could be my crap phone though.

poodude

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Just going to derail a bit further. I agree that the dark blue looks a bit odd on Egret2, but in some pics the violet looks good, and in others (like yours) the CP looks more pinkish.
Maybe there are different hues of the panel. I think there are 2 or 3 different revisions of the Egret2, so it would make sense. Hell, the blast city has 3 widely varying colorways. Anyway, here’s a pic showing what I meant, I’ll have to see one in person some day (lock your windows):

34g0h3l.jpg

This is the exact layout I decided to go with. Stock all the way. Mine is the 4 button version though. I agree that the dark blue was probably not the best choice Taito could have picked, but its not horrible. I was going to go with a solid pink and purple layout, but for some reason sanwa doesn't make a 24mm button in pink. I could have gone pink and purple with white start buttons, but I got all OCD about it looking like more of a stock layout with the main buttons matching the start button color.

I probably wasted 2 or 3 hours today so far contrasting color combinations because I don't want to ever have to do this again! There goes $100 in buttons and balltops today...

Last edited:

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
I probably wasted 2 or 3 hours today so far contrasting color combinations because I don't want to ever have to do this again!

It’s one of my pastimes :make_fac: I wonder what sanwa has against little pink buttons anyway :D

Are you keeping the blue jolly ranchers on the 1L6B?

poodude

B. Jenet's Firstmate
It’s one of my pastimes :make_fac: I wonder what sanwa has against little pink buttons anyway :D

Are you keeping the blue jolly ranchers on the 1L6B?

Probably not; I don't really see using them any time soon. I just bought those too... and another set of pink ones, then 2 more sets of pink and purple, and another 2 sets of pink and green. bah.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
HzF3hOF.jpg

3rd kid on the way, 3rd candy! Just rolled in before 8am this morning. ;) Thanks Eddie.