I received today...

poodude

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Got my F3 and CPS2 boxes in. Made some custom labels for them on my printer using legal size labels.
IMAG1232.jpgIMAG1233.jpg

aaronjmill

Zero's Secretary
No no, I don't have one myself - was curious is all. I'd def. like to see some pics when it's done.

The pin itch is getting stronger and stronger by the day...been checking the local craigs but so far all has been horrid condition / not working, etc...

the chicago pin expo is this weekend :)

RoadBuster

Crossed Swords Squire
Finally got the final piece to get my Naomi running in today~

d1QlbfT.jpg

P0soO6P.jpg

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I didnt know they made 68k processors that big!

That is the P version of the 68k dip which is 2.54mm pitch, the one in the AES is a B version which has a 1.78mm pitch which is why it's so much smaller than the P version.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
That's a crazy looking game Ratson. What is it? A japanese prize redemption game?

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Just received an Ultracade UVC with FrancoB switcher harness. I was looking for one of these for a long time and finally found a great deal on it....the switcher was a nice bonus too :)

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Just received an Ultracade UVC with FrancoB switcher harness. I was looking for one of these for a long time and finally found a great deal on it....the switcher was a nice bonus too :)

Please tell us about this, Francesco. What will this rig allow you to do?

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Yes, traded it for my jap dreamcast.

...wow. A $30 dreamcast for slick redemption machine - crazy deal. Normally i'd have no interest in a redemption machine but that is super slick and clean looking; and the footprint is incredibly small - awesome get.

pipes

Please tell us about this, Francesco. What will this rig allow you to do?

It's a universal video converter (UVC) which converts a high res video signal into 15kHz or 24kHz. I believe this is the only one that can output in 24 kHz. This will be used to run my X360 at 24kHz in the NAC.

The switcher allows me to toggle between 15 and 24kHz with the flip of the switch without having to move the jumper wires on the monitor chassis every time.

These UVC's are difficult to find and it took me quite some time to finally track one down.

Last edited:

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Nice get pipes! I'm running the UVC in my NAC via 24kHz as well, and I love it. Definitely one of the harder arcade items to find these days.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
...wow. A $30 dreamcast for slick redemption machine - crazy deal. Normally i'd have no interest in a redemption machine but that is super slick and clean looking; and the footprint is incredibly small - awesome get.

The dc was boxed and had 17 games with it, nothing special or rare. Still a great deal, since i got the dc and games in trade for my pop n bounce kit. I don't have a neo anymore so it was just laying around.
I do have 2 ngpc's though.
Close up the game has obvious user damage and a few cracks in the paint here and there but overall in very decent condition. It is highly addictive also.

Last edited:

leonk

Marked Wolf
Pipes: what version of the UVC is that? (Version printed on small label on back of pcb). I too have a UVC in my NAC but I use it to convert my Naomi from31k to 15k. Does anyone have an MS9-29 CRT that switches between 15k and 25k without the need to tune image using pots?

leonk

Marked Wolf
Is it 001384? What does that mean? Are there different versions?

OH! There's no version number on this one! under the S/N there should be version number. Most say 2.04 but there are rare 2.10 versions. Wondering if we can read the firmware from these and upgrade the FPGA via the JTAG port.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
What are the differences between firmwares? My googling hasn't produced any info :(

pipes

What are the differences between firmwares? My googling hasn't produced any info :(

I'm curious as well. Is there any way for me to find out which version I have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Got a Turtles in Time board from Fox1! It's working great! now I need to wire an adapter that will move coin to start, and pull the P3 and P4 controls, as well as video to a 2nd cabinet for 4 player play!