I think my Turbografx 16 is broken...

Raidyn

Crazed MVS Addict
I bought it for 35 bucks at a retro gaming convention and I never played it (I did get a game with it, but since it only came with the cable plugs for the back of a TV and my current setup makes that a bit difficult, I never got around to it.)

I just tried playing it a few minutes ago (the game was Bonk's Revenge) and nothing appeared on the TV no matter what I did.

One thing I did notice is that the screw that plugs into the back of the TV is a bit loose. That could be it, but I'm not sure. Do any of you guys know about these machines and/or fixing them?

Thanks

aria

Former Moderator
I was about to cheekily reply to the title with "no, that's just the graphics", but in seriousness this would probably do better in the tech forum even though its not Neo-related.

[EDIT: I moved it]

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I'd seek out another RF switch...an nES or Master system RF switch would work..

I usually have to clean the ends on my Hu cards(after a long time of no use) to get the TG 16to come up..otherwise I have to push the HU card in and out of the system several times to get it to work..

http://www.vidgame.net/NEC/TG16.html

Icallhax

n00b
by loose you mean the part that plugs into the tg16 itself? or the coaxial part that goes to the television? I'm pretty sure tg16 uses the same av as a NES, might want to try an nes rf.
My buddies TG16 had a broken solder joint for the RF, the temp fix was to get a turbobooster and use that for AV out instead. good luck.