I was at the Barrett-Jackson auction a few days ago...

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Those Spijkers are super nice.
The dutch do amazing things when they aren't eating shrooms or hash in coffee houses all day.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Those old muscle cars make my sex fall out

ferrarimanf355

Bullets QB
Those Spijkers are super nice.
The dutch do amazing things when they aren't eating shrooms or hash in coffee houses all day.

Honestly, I'd rather have one of the Roush Mustangs that were strewn over the place. :eek:

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
I was doing fine until I saw the black testarossa.

Then I came. Everywhere.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
i love the pics, love car shows. going out to them is a great day out. sunny day, loads of shiny cars, cheap hot dogs, and always some sort of models. i love cars, and have always had a love for classic cars. but i don't know what it is lately. the muscle car has seemingly lost its charm to me. i've gotten into a do more with less mode. and don't want a giant size engine unless its coupled with a lightweight monocoque body and will do 200 in no time. maybe its living here that's doing it to me, but i'm really seriously considering going the tonk of a few years ago route and getting a civic or golf GTi and spending enough to make it a road legal race car. it's weird and i don't really do front wheel drive, but a 90's evo can be had here for about 2 grand. or an 04 civic type-r for 5k. though by here i mean a cheap flight to england and a road trip to ireland in the car. because cars in this country are all renault clios and diesel powered 1.0 liter shitheaps.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Kim_Kaphwan: it's the economy and gas prices...not just in Ireland but everywhere else, mediocrity is a virtue these days.

Another gripe I have these days is the styling....

an old Boss 429 looks way cooler than a 2011 Boss 302,
a C3 still looks sexier than a C6
The first gullwing is much classier than the new one
And the original Dino is one of the most beautiful car designs while the new Dino is just another ferrari.

Performance is another story though....all these new cars kick ass, but still...this "extreme" styling of today's cars kinda sucks.

I wish I had a time machine so I could give today's car tech to the automakers (and coachbuilders!) of the past.

Imagine a fucking Viper that was built in the late 60s? Shhhhitttt..... :drool_2:

Last edited:

TonK

Least Valuable Player
My cousin has over $65,000 including the price of the car, into his Civic.

It's a 2006 Si.

I took a ride in it yesterday, since it was being rebuilt all winter.

It's still not that much of a thrill.

I mean, it's quick, but I'm sure a well driven EVO or STi will take it out.

My approach was simple - quality parts to get cold air in and hot NOS charged exhaust out.

Lots of suspension overhauls.

And a built bottom end with arp studs squeezing a marine gasket to keep the head clamped down.

Fired huge jets - running 12.4 at the best.

$5000 including the car.

It took out basically any car I ran with.

Wasn't a daily driver, because it would get hot with no water.