IC: Blast Cities, candies, monitors on the East Coast

cgbartek

Crazed MVS Addict
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
**EDIT** Loose monitors added.

I have 3 Blast City candy cabinets for sale, all basically in B- condition, all basically working. All monitors have some slight burn-in, some lighter than others (of the 4 Blast Cities I have, only one had zero burn and it's mine :angry:) If you are very serious about having a zero-burn Nanao tri-sync, I have a lead on one, but be aware it WILL cost you dearly as it's a long drive to pick it up.

blast%20cities%202.jpg

All come wired for both JAMMA and JVS and repro Blast City artwork. The only catch is I don't have control panels for them. They've been on backorder in Hong Kong for weeks, so you'd either have to supply your own Astro/Blast panel or buy the panel seperately from me once they arrive. I also have a couple of machines with Bass Fishing kits in them, so if you want something playable out of the box, there you go.

They are all located in Jacksonville FL, but I'll be going to WV next weekend so I would be happy to drop them off anywhere along the way for free to anyone who's interested (including the Winston-Salem auction). Prices start at $400 with no monitor, and from there I have several options for whatever monitor options you'd like.

I also have 2 Irem Madonna cabs available. They need monitors and serious TLC, but they work. Also a fully-working Xybots cabinet I'd let go for $100.

Also available are tons of arcade monitors: 27/29" Wells-Gardner 9200, 29" Nanao trisync tube, 26" Nanao MS8-26F, and a 19" Wells-Gardner 4600. I'll be willing to sell these pretty cheap because they're hard to ship otherwise, so let me know ASAP if you're interested.

PM me if you're interested. Thanks.

Last edited:

cgbartek

Crazed MVS Addict
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Bump.

If anyone up north is interested, let me know before Friday.
If you have any questions, wanna negotiate, ask away.

Thanks.

Tango

Tung's Hair Stylist
Rating - 97.7%
85   2   0
cool guy here.... and those cabs look great, good luck with it Chris!

andy251203

Hardened Shock Trooper
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
LOL, I like how support braces are added to prop the control panels up. "Damn Americans are jumping on my controls again!"

neo_frank

Captain Shlong,
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Not to derail the thread here, but I am sure the brace was in part to keep it from breaking when americans sat on it, BUT I would also assume it is cause the CP is fairly heavy with the motors and stuff for the movement/resistance on the rod/reel setup.

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
All OG Blasts have that brace.

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
Not sure, but I know the US fishing cabs have them.

EDIT: Nope not on the JP cabs, apparently. I should put one on the Astro :cool:

Last edited:

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
the blasts have the brace in the us market partly because of the greater demands the fishing cp places on the panel, and im sure mostly because its more fragile than a woodie that us brutish americans are used to.

the blast city panel just bolts right onto the front, rather than being a solid part of the front half like the astro city or others.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Is that cat for sale? :make_fac:

I know someone who is in the market for a blast, I'll let him know. He's in AL, but a drive from AL to FL wouldn't be too bad.

cgbartek

Crazed MVS Addict
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Thanks for the free bumps everyone :)

I was out of town picking up even more candies, so give me a few minutes to reply to everyone's PMs.

To answer everyone's questions:

- I can no longer deliver up north for free since my trip is over. Anything within 5 hours may be fair game, but I will charge for gas money, etc.

-Those triangle brackets under the CPs were added by Sega as part of fixing up Blast Cities for use in the US as Bass Fishing cabinets. The power supply was also converted to 120v, among other things. They can be easily removed. You can see why they would do it, because nearly every CP surround has also been cracked by kids sitting on the panel.

-I'll give anyone a discount on a Blast City if they take that friggin' cat along with it.

jonny419

Super Sidekicks 3
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
As much as I love Blast Cities, I only have room for 1. :(

That, and I'm more broke than usual and need money. :D

so should i offer up my parts elsewhere or are you still looking to grab them? not a huge deal, but if you don't need them, maybe me having them for sale publically might help you sell a cab?

Hippo

SEARCH, FUNCTION, GOD!,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Neogeofan12 are you located in jacksonville? I live 10 minutes from the airport Dunn Ave. area

Last edited: