If not Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo, then who?

toy_brain

Amano's Drinking Buddy
As in, who would you like to manufacture a games machine, other than the 3 current companies.

I'm pretty sure that this topic has been done before a couple times, but hey, I figure now is as good a time as any to bring it up again - what with the Xbox360 bringing fanboyism to new heights around here.

My choice?
Capcom - though I'm not sure if they would ever be in a financial position to do so, but they do seem to have been on top form this generation when it comes to quality games.

Your thoughts?

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
I think that Hypothetic company should make video games.

Because I enjoy talking about hypothetic situations involving video games.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Fucking Sega needs a comeback. Dammit. I miss the days when it was only between Sega and Nintendo. So many better games came out of that era.

Argentina94

Slug Flyer Pilot
20 Year Member
Not that it's a good choice but probably the only company (if they were crazy enough to do it) that might actually pull it off is Electronic Arts.

Aside from their sports games, they own sooooooooooo many properties that without their games on the other systems, they may be able to compete.

But then they wouldn't make nearly enough money as they do now.

djrconsoles kr1

Astra Superstar
ki_atsushi said:
Fucking Sega needs a comeback. Dammit. I miss the days when it was only between Sega and Nintendo. So many better games came out of that era.

couldnt agree more, come back Sega! :crying:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
toy_brain said:
My choice?
Capcom - though I'm not sure if they would ever be in a financial position to do so, but they do seem to have been on top form this generation when it comes to quality games.

Your thoughts?

Capcom sounds good, either them or Sega... in the end it would probably ruin them both, but theoretically, they would be best for the job because they not only have experiences in arcade game programming but also home console games.

...or what about NEC and a "PC Engine Reloaded" or something like that...

Ah well, going into vg hardware is very risky these days...

slerch666

updyke,
SNK.

Oh wait, that'd be SNK-P, and we don't really want that.

I'd then go with Sega.

aegreatone

Sieger's Squire
The Sega Come Up - shit would be tight.

Since we lost the AES, maybe Atomiswave should release their own "arcade home" system. That's if SNKP stays with them and Sammy brings out the product.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Gee…another Sega console. It too could be a failure and only survive on the market for a short time like the Master System (around for a while but crummy support in the states), Sega CD, 32x, Saturn and DC. Sega should stick to games, they suck at making consoles. Or, people could keep throwing away money on poorly funded systems.

Boy, I’m going to get smacked around by the Sega fanboys for those comments….

Baseley09

Hair Group,
Culture Brain

.........think of the possibilities....endless.....

Golden Fighter 2
Golden Fighter 3D
Golden Fighter Kart
Golden Fighter Track & Field
Golden Fighter: The shooting
Golden Fighter: Gun Survivor
Golden Fighter FPS
Golden Fighter Soccer
Golden Fighter RPG

H

hermegildo

I think it's pretty safe to say that if Jesus made a video game console it would rule.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Can't think of any console maker besides those three that wouldn't just fizzle out like a bad fart after about three months.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
EA would never make a system, they make twice as much money on multiplatform than they would trying to sell hardware too.

if anyone ever makes a new system it will probably be sega, or one of the bigger japanese electronics makers, hell maybe Apple?

but fuck it, I want the Panasonic M3 (they could include the gillette razor with the core system.)

Dataeast should have made a system in the 90's too, Bad Dudes was a killer app.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
VanillaThunder said:
Apple had the Pippin.

yeah, but that was more a PC, i meant if apple america pulled a MSFT and came out with a legit console, hell make it compatible with the ipod for gamesaves and shit and they'd sell some already.

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
I guess Sega as they have done it before and were pretty damn good at it...But to make me think that way. In these dark times, you'll get killed thinking like that.

melchia

Franco's Trainer
Ehh...watch some 'other' electronics comany do it (someone from complete left field, like Sirius).