If you had to give some money to a NGO, which one would you choose?

Robert

20 Year Member
There are so many causes to support or so many organizations supporting the same cause that sometimes I wonder if people who are willing to give are not lost.
I never gave money (except a couple of euros in some events organized by the red cross) but during my travels abroad I have seen tons of NGO people doing a brilliant job.

If I had to give some money, I wouldn't know which one to choose, honestly. Perhaps the red cross but it's more because they're famous than anything else.

So If you were willing to give to one of them, please name it and explain why.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
In the wake of Hurricane Katrina I donated some money through my work to the red cross. My company (MFA Oil) matched dollar for dollar the contributions of their employess. I figured this was the best way to get the most out of my money.

After the Tsunami I donated some money to Unicef. I don't really know if Unicef is the best organization around but, meh. They said the money was supposed to be going to the children...I hope it made it their.

Robert is right - There are so many NGO's though, Red Cross, Unicef, Doctors without Borders are all that come to mind at the moment.

aria

Former Moderator
I would lean towards Medecins Sans Frontieres (Doctors Without Borders) because they do very important work in places that have no financial gain for big countries.