I'm surprised there's no Larry King thread

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Not that I'm a big fan or anything, but still surprised. RIP

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I was there watching his Seinfeld interview happen in real time, that was incredible.

The guy was married 8 times so he might have been a schmuck for all I know. Good on him for being able to interview people over such a long time. I know that must have been tiring trying to keep each interview fresh.

Mr.Bojangles

War Room Troll
The guy was an absolute pro. I've been watching him since the 80's and he always keeps his interviews fresh and organic and above all else he treats his guests with love and respect. There will never be anyone who could fill his suspenders. The guy just knew how to talk to people in a humble manner like they were family, without making them in anyway uncomfortable and have them feel like they're being put on the spot. He was a true legend, and will go down in history as the perfect most humble Radio dj.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Talk about a master of his craft. RIP. I didn't know about those 8 wives, though. :lolz:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
The guy was married 8 times
You know why? Because he didn't believe in non-marital sex. Strange but true. If he wanted to sleep with a chick, he had to marry her. Why he believed that, I do not know, because he was famously non-religious.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
You know why? Because he didn't believe in non-marital sex. Strange but true. If he wanted to sleep with a chick, he had to marry her. Why he believed that, I do not know, because he was famously non-religious.

Damn, so he only banged 8 different chicks?

I would have thought LK was getting pussy thrown at him left and right. Especially in his younger days.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Dude was a pimp, and damn good at his job. Proved Jerry Seinfeld was a douche lord.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
His last decade really soured his reputation. That's probably why there isn't muchout there.
Hopefully he is remembered for the earlier work.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
His last decade really soured his reputation. That's probably why there isn't muchout there.
Hopefully he is remembered for the earlier work.
He had some great interviews on his most recent online show. Plus, he went on that idiot Dave Rubin's show and took a personal phone call live while making Rubin wait like a goon as he took his time talking to someone more intelligent. What a boss.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
The last Larry King interview I watched was him with Eric Andre from 2017. At one point Larry starts reading his questions from cards. It could have gone much better but once he did that Eric didn't take it very seriously. But like I said before, the guy had done it for decades and he was an old man, and I can't imagine how difficult it must be to interview so many people and still have a fresh, interesting interview for each person.