I'm wondering how good of a deal this is...

JC10001

Zero's Secretary
I have an opportunity to purchase a large arcade cabinet (its one of those ones with the big tvs and the controls set a few feet back) with SNK Vs Capcom Chaos for $1600. Everything seems to be in very good condition. The monitor is also in great shape. Is it a good deal or a bit too pricey?

I know SVCC is not an MVS game. How difficult would it be to put an MVS 4/6 slot in there?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Well SvC is a Neo Geo game just on its own board, no interchangeable carts, but what this means is that the pin connector is the same. So everthing will be setup on the inside for you to just unplug the SvC board and plug in a 4 or 6 slot board.

JC10001

Zero's Secretary
Okay. Sounds easy enough.

Anyone know how much cabinets like these go for? I don't know what type it is (its not a Candy, etc). Like I said its a big screen (at least 40 inch) with the controls set back. All arcades have them.

lithy said:
Well SvC is a Neo Geo game just on its own board, no interchangeable carts, but what this means is that the pin connector is the same. So everthing will be setup on the inside for you to just unplug the SvC board and plug in a 4 or 6 slot board.

That is a little misleading. Assuming that he has a cab converted into SVC that does not mean that he can actually swap the SVC board for either a 4 or 6 slot board.

If he wants to install a 4/6 slot MVS board he may need to install a select button on the control panel and wire it accordingly. Also, I read many posts that stated that the SVC board is mono and not stereo. If this is true, then he may need to install and/or wire a second speaker for the 4/6 MVS slot board.

Charles

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
Charles Franklin Fernandez said:
That is a little misleading. Assuming that he has a cab converted into SVC that does not mean that he can actually swap the SVC board for either a 4 or 6 slot board.

If he wants to install a 4/6 slot MVS board he may need to install a select button on the control panel and wire it accordingly. Also, I read many posts that stated that the SVC board is mono and not stereo. If this is true, then he may need to install and/or wire a second speaker for the 4/6 MVS slot board.

Charles

Yes, a select button would have to be wired as arcade ops would only do the necessary wiring for the board of the moment. As for the sound, when I had my SVC in my candy cab it played in full stereo.