Import PS2 shmup recommendations

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
gmw said:
Don't listen to this.

Head straight for the Special Love and don't look back.

Fantastic game, sidesplittingly funny.

Don't fuck with the men's beam.

Hell yeah. I have the PCE AI Cho Aniki, and I've heard that the PS2 version is far better. I'm definitely getting it.

I found a system- I'm buying Evil Mike's Japanese PS2 w/SVC.

So now my shopping begins in earnest. First on the list are:

ESPGaluda
Psikyo Collection 2 (haven't played any Sengoku Blade games yet)
Psyvariar (various)

Question on Psyvariar, just to clarify- are Psyvariar 2 Ultimate Final, Psyvariar Complete Edition, and Psyvariar Revision all completely different?

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Kristian Meller said:
No, I didn't mean that, but when you do play the Saturn version in TATE, it's not that much worse and it doesn't warrant spending the abnormal amount the PSX version has fetched recently.

I'm not really looking to part with my PSX copy of DDP, but what is the going rate now?

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
Bigp0ppaLarge said:
I'm quite fond of XII Stag,actually.

XII Stag is shitz and you know itz!!!!!!

Everything >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> XII Stag

:kekeke:

On a serious note; I wouldn't recommend XII Stag. It's boring and the wiggling bothered me as much as it did in Psyvariar.

ResOGlas said:
I'm not really looking to part with my PSX copy of DDP, but what is the going rate now?

If you give it the correct TEH RARE title on eBay you should easily get more than $100.

Bigp0ppaLarge said:
No problem, I just didn't want you to waste $70+ on a shit game like I did. Anyway,here are a few recommendations from my personal collection:

Why in the world did you pay over $70? I paid under $60 for mine!

Last edited:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Okay, I figured out the difference in the Psyvariars, nevermind. :make_fac:

edit: Ordered Psyvariar 2 Ultimate Final and ESPGaluda from Play-Asia, and bought a copy of Dodonpachi Daioujou on eBay. Slowly getting started on the list...

edit again: got a copy of Cho Aniki coming from BiG- yeah! Man beam here I come!

Last edited: