In Gosselies, Belgium for a while.. Anything going on near here for gaming?

gptrilik

n00b
Hi folks,

Are any of you near Belgium and is there anything I should be sure to visit just as a tourist before I leave? I have a rental vehicle. Also are there any interesting game shops I should try to visit for a look at something that would be difficult to find in the States?

I didn't want to post an English thread in the French subforum.. That may be perceived as rude... ;-)

Thanks!

gptrilik

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
If you like good beer some of the best in the world are made in Belgium Abbys. Westvleteren, Rochefort, and Chimay to name a few.

smuf

Vice's Love Slave
15 Year Member
You should visit Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges. As for any cool gaming related stuff, you'll be hard pressed to find anything special here.

Grandmaster B

B. Jenet's Firstmate
You should visit Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges. As for any cool gaming related stuff, you'll be hard pressed to find anything special here.

Agreed. I'd probably recommend Brussels instead of Antwerp.

I used to know a cool shop called Consoles Land in Liege, but it went out of business some years ago...

gptrilik

n00b
Still here.. Just crazy busy with work.. Looks like I may be able to get out of town for a day or so and head over towards Paris this Saturday and Brussels this Sunday. If anyone is in the area and want to meet up for a meal \ drink, shoot me a PM and I will get you my #..

I liked the crack about the Dutch side of Belgium. The folks would have torn me up bigtime. =-)

Thanks!

gptrilik

Indeed, I would have driven there to meet whoever he is:D

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Still here.. Just crazy busy with work.. Looks like I may be able to get out of town for a day or so and head over towards Paris this Saturday and Brussels this Sunday. If anyone is in the area and want to meet up for a meal \ drink, shoot me a PM and I will get you my #..

I liked the crack about the Dutch side of Belgium. The folks would have torn me up bigtime. =-)

Thanks!

gptrilik

my gf is the one with the drivers license and she has a concussion at the moment, so I can't go in your direction. :(

gptrilik

n00b
I wish her a speedy recovery. Keep her following her Dr.'s orders. Concussions shouldn't be ignored. My wife has played soccer all of her life and that is one of the things that scares me the most. Long term damage \ health impact due to repeated concussions.

Paris was fun! Drove near the outskirts of Paris, parked the vehicle and took the RER into town. Walked around for the day, ate, enjoyed the history, and was back in Gosselies by 3 AM.

Off of St. Georges near the Eiffel tower seemed to have some Manga \ Comic Book \ Toy \ Figurine shops. They were closed by the time we were there though.

gptrilik

my gf is the one with the drivers license and she has a concussion at the moment, so I can't go in your direction. :(

gptrilik

n00b
I'm starting to get that idea... Oh well. There is so much history and other things to do here, the gaming can take a small vacation for a while.

I will have to come back again sometime later for more than work. I could spend some serious time in Europe checking things out. Thanks for the suggestions!

gptrilik