Interest Check: CPS2 Communication pcbs for Tournament Battle

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So some of you may have heard us mention that we were thinking of making some CPS2 communication pcbs for use with SSF2: TB so that anyone could put on their own tournaments and parties. It would be a new design but would still plug into the B-board inside the case. Then if you had four SSF2 B-boards you could install the TB roms and link them together to start your own tourneys.

The only thing is after pricing the parts necessary it looks like the cost would be $100 EACH. So it would be costly if you needed to buy a full set of four. The good news is this will work with the CPS2 multicart that is coming soon.

I am not optimistic that we will get enough interest (would need to be north of 50 pcbs) but I wanted to officially put it out there and see.

Let us know in this thread if you would buy any and how many you would want. Thanks!

Last edited:

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
278   0   0
Heh, still better than buying a Tournament board. I'd be in for 4.

undamned

Pleasure Goal
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I would love some, but @ $100 (not saying that's unreasonable; it is a big circuit board) I don't think I can swing that right now.

Here's a question for you, Mits: have you ever tried plugging your communication boards into some Super Turbo boards to see if they communicate? I hear that ST still has all the networking code.

Also, this is a little OT, but I bet there would be some folks interested in Puzzloop 2 rotary controller adapters, too. Official ones are not too common out in the wild. It's a smaller board than the communication adapter and even simpler design. You could probably even figure out the schematic just by looking at these pics! :D

Spoiler:
3029.jpg
3030.jpg

-ud

Last edited:

Dion

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does that plug into the A-board jamma edge?

I could probably do it but I would probably need to borrow one for a week (if more than two layers) or so and have high res pics from directly overhead.

Last edited:

Dion

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. There's a selection in the game menu for rotatory or joystick and I'm told this is the official rotary adapter board specifically for that game.
-ud

Know anyone that has one?

undamned

Pleasure Goal
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Know anyone able to purchase that for me from there? lol

I can try :D

Some old info: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?187512-Using-a-spinner-with-Puzz-Loop-2

The "spinner.pdf" document in this addendum from Mitchell shows roughly how to hook it up, but does not list an exact pinout for the spinner interface:
http://cps2shock.emu-france.info/download/manuals/ploop2-j.zip

And perhaps some info here, if you are willing to run through a machine translator: http://www.arcadezentrum.com/forum/showthread.php?18877-Der-offizielle-Spinner-Games-Thread/page5
-ud

Last edited: