Interest Check: Sakura Wars 1-4 Limited Editions DC (Price Check?)

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
About five years ago, I bought the Limited Edition releases of Sakura Wars/Sakura Taisen 1-4 for the Dreamcast. I think I paid about $35 apiece for them. I've been meaning to play through the series, and I just don't have the time to dedicate to such massive games (especially since I'd require translation guides).

To elaborate, I have:

• Sakura Wars/Taisen Limited Edition - 3 discs, all booklets, pink VMU, and box in like new condition

• Sakura Wars 2/Sakura Taisen 2 Limited Edition (Asian Edition) - 4 discs, booklets, promo cards, pink rumble pack, and box in like new condition

• Sakura Wars 3/Sakura Taisen 3 Limited Edition (Asian Edition) A - 2 discs, booklets, promo cards, music box (works beautifully), and box in like new condition

• Sakura Wars 3/Sakura Taisen 3 Limited Edition (Asian Edition) B - box, insert, and "Les Chattes Noires" VMU (never opened or used) in like new condition

• Sakura Wars 4/Sakura Taisen 4 Limited Edition - 2 discs, booklets, keychain/charms (unopened), and box in like new condition

So, I'd like to sell them if there's a market for the games. Anyone have any idea what they're worth today? Feel free to make offers.

Pictures to show condition/completeness and hopefully drum up some interest:

Last edited:

shadowfamicom

Rugal's Thug
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I would say $20-$50 shipped. $50 if you are lucky. This is based on what I have seen sold on forums and whatnot, not sure how many of those sold. SW3 A/B and SW1 seem to be worth more due to the fact they come with VMU's. Just make sure not to sell on auction sites right now... I have seen some of these box sets tank at $10. Honestly I have SW1 and the limited edition controller and I would not part with either of those at these prices. If I were you I would wait 3+ years or at the very least wait till November when holiday shopping kicks in and people are buying alot more. Those are some beautiful games and I would personally not let them go at current prices.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
104   0   0
I've got an extensive SakuTai collection, and the value of almost everything has dropped or stagnated considerably over the last 5-7 years or so. I have the limited edition SakuTai pink Dreamcast with matching VMUs, controllers and it's all brand new. I paid $400 from a private collector who had never opened it back in 2002, and I'd be lucky to get $200 for it now. I agree with the above poster, it's not worth selling nice SakuTai stuff these days, the value isn't there anymore. You're better off hanging on to it, for no other reason than it's really nice stuff, and the return on your investment most likely won't be worth it.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Wow. looked for myself. It has tanked.
The complete collection was always kinda neat.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Thanks for the responses, guys. Is that $20-50 shipped estimate for the entire series/collection? Ouch!

I'm with you. I don't really want to hang on to these games (since I don't see myself playing them through and my wife wants me to clear some stuff out), but I don't want to sell them for a third of what I paid for them.

shadowfamicom

Rugal's Thug
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
$20-$50 per box set. But most likely only ~$20 on a good day. But even then you are going to have trouble finding people to buy them at that price. If you listed the complete set for $100 shipped you may have takers.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Well, that's a relief at least. I will probably list them for sale then. Thanks again for the suggestions.