iPhones app that you can't live without

Einhander

Crazed MVS Addict
I got got an iPhone and spent the whole weekend just screwing around with it and getting apps. Just wondering what everyone here thought are the apps they recommend and cannot live without.

aria

Former Moderator
Most of the ones I can't live without are the ones that came with the phone. However, I do use Shazam fairly regularly --especially when I hear a great song somewhere or on TV and I need to know what it is or I'll go crazy with it stuck in my head.

aria

Former Moderator
I also find the Google Voice Search app to be tremendously useful when my hands are full or I'm in a hurry. You just have to know the right words to enter in a search engine and say them. Half the time its to answer a pressing question or good-natured argument so its "____ ____ wikipedia" LOL.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
STANZA. I never thought I would enjoy reading a book on a little phone, but I was wrong. After putting a bunch of my favorites on the phone, like some Peter O'Donnell and Murakami, along with classic favorites like the entire Sherlock Holmes library, this thing has been a lifesaver. A few times when I've been stuck somewhere with nothing to do, waiting for someone or for something to start or whatever, now I've got a good book to read and life is great. Far and away my favorite app.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Pandora Box. Great for keeping on top of Apps as they drop in price.

Like Doom Resurrection for 2.99 (down from 9.99) on sale only for a few days.

starscream615

, m(o)(o)bs, they're awesome.
Game collectorz lets you keep track of your game collection. They also have one for movies, books, cds, and comics. They are great and handy for not accidently buying duplicates.

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
I also find the Google Voice Search app to be tremendously useful when my hands are full or I'm in a hurry. You just have to know the right words to enter in a search engine and say them. Half the time its to answer a pressing question or good-natured argument so its "____ ____ wikipedia" LOL.
Yeah I probably get the most legitimate use out of that app. After that it'd be this free app called 'To-Do' which is exactly what it sounds like. Basically allows you to set things to do and it keeps one of those handy red circle notifications in the upper corner of the app icon to let you know how many tasks you have haven't done. That alone is enough to remind me.

Everything else I have (other than what came with the phone) is fairly superfluous and more for sheer novelty or entertainment.

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
One which is very handy for me is the National Rail app. I may not quite use it daily but is very useful if I got out after work and need to know if there are any delays and what time the next train is.

A cool feature is that you can track the live progress of the trains and also, if you out and get a bit lost, it will find out where the nearest station is and give you the details on what train you need and the times etc to get you where you want to be.

I use Currency quite a lot, because it's quite handy to use at work for rough daily fluctuations.

Finally recently got iLocker which now replaces a flash usb drive on my key ring that contains my private and other data files password encrypted.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
blackberry enterprise server
oh wait....

Neo Mike

Creative Moderator, Art Gallery Coordinator,
20 Year Member
The DirectV App. It lets you set your dvr remotely. I use this almost daily as I always forget shows I intended on watching. Also when i'm bored i'll go through the guide and find stuff to watch later, commercial free.

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
Title should be changed to Smartphone apps……

Here are the apps that I use on almost a daily baisis…. I’ve had the 8900 for about a month now…

Pandora – music
Iheartradio – allows me to listen to favorite radio stations from MN on my morning/evening commute.
Slackerradio – more music
Google mobile app -bobak is right on the voice search
Viigo
Blackberry IM
AIM

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
Game collectorz lets you keep track of your game collection. They also have one for movies, books, cds, and comics. They are great and handy for not accidently buying duplicates.

I have something similar called Pocketpedia, which links up to Gamepedia software on your computer (or Bookpedia, or whatever). I guess it's like the Mac version of the Collectorz software, but for some reason Pocketpedia is no longer available to download.

Their website says Amazon made them take it down or something... kind of a bummer.

Other than that, I don't think I have any apps that I can't live without. Except for Dictionary (for when I need to prove that somebody misspelled something; in the field of advertising, that can be a disaster).

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Daily Use:

- Twitterfon
- Facebook
- PayPal
- AIM
- TMZ
- USA Today
- TWC
- eBay

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
Daily Use:
- eBay

Oh yeah, eBay! I use that one so often that I tend to forget that it's not a standard iPhone app. That one is the best. You never have to be near a computer to put in those last minute bids.

I never truly realized how cool it was until my alarm went off and I threw in a quick bid while I was at an intersection on a motorcycle. :D

SportsTap is cool too.